chuckconnie

Verizon versus Sprint

Any talk about the differences in the Verizon versus the Sprint Mi-Fi plans offered by FMCA?  We currently have the Verizon plan but am wondering if the Sprint plan would be better as far as Verizon slowing down after 25 gigs. Does Sprint slow down and how do the coverage areas compare?

We have both and do not use the Verizon one very much. They require a contract where Sprint is a month to month. We have driven from Florida to New England and out to Quartzsite and only found 1 or 2 times where it didn't work. They do not throttle like Verizon does.

Hope this helps

After being a Sprint customer for many years, I switched to T-Mobile for awhile.  The T-Mobile coverage left a lot to be desired in our home area and I switched to Verizon.  For years I sat around the campfire listening to lots of people rave about the service they experienced with Verizon.  My experience hasn't been stellar.  It's been okay but I run over my 15Gb unlimited data plan in about 10 days.  I can still get my work done while throttled but it's a thorn in my side and is false advertising to claim you're selling an unlimited plan with limits.   I've purchased my phones off eBay so I'm not under contract and ready to switch whenever the urge strikes me and that may be soon.  The terms of my plan changed dramatically after I agreed to it - that never happened to me before.   I believe they're all crooks taking us to the cleaners with overpriced services and under preforming networks.

I've haven't tried AT&T mobile phones in almost 20 years but I had to deal with their Asian customer support staff for over 3 hours over the loss of U-Vision service at my church.  It only took them a week to send someone out to restore the phone and internet service and patted themselves on the back for being so prompt.  I won't put myself in position to go through that again.

The pie in the sky talk about how wonderful 5G will be won't live up to the hype for many years to come.  Mobile providers aren't in the habit of restructuring their networks overnight. 

I have always had Verizon. Have been in areas where people who had AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobil could not get a signal and I could. I think the competition has gotten better in reciently years but I will stick with Verizon for now. 

I have a sprint phone with unlimited plan with 60 gb to tether per month.  I tether my phone to my laptop when needed for business on the road, works great.  

The Togo as I understand it, is only good in the RV.  My Verizon Jet pack is good every where, all you need is a 110v plug...I'm in the house now!  :D

15 hours ago, manholt said:

The Togo as I understand it, is only good in the RV.  My Verizon Jet pack is good every where, all you need is a 110v plug...I'm in the house now!  :D

I use mine my TOGO in the  house and run my entire house from it.  I put 300 gigs on it last month and even doing so  4K HD from Apple TV Plus service.  I just put a 12-volt accessory on Togo and run into 110 sockets using the device below.  Plus 360 a year (30 bucks a month).