Sign in to follow this  
rayin

FMCA ERS questions

The last page of this FMCA/ Saferide ERS document states some things I assumed were covered items, however it infers they may not be covered: https://www.fmca.com/pdfs/roadside/roadside_checklist.pdf

" Be sure to ask if there are additional charges for:• Simply coming out to your RVMileage costs, and if so, where do they begin and endDisconnecting the driveshaft or removing the half shaftsHourly charges for services rendered on site".

I wonder if the Escapees plan reads the same, as it is $99/yr?

I forgot to phone Dan at FMCA HQ today, I'll call Monday and ask specific questions; he might tell me to call SafeRide for details, but it IS an FMCA pdf according to the web address.

Good Morning!

The Roadside Checklist doc is intended as a generic guide and not necessarily meant to be representative of the Roadside Rescue policy.  That said, though, I can certainly understand why there might be confusion.

I've reached out to my contact at SafeRide and will post here once I have his answer.

Sincerely,

Dan

On 11/4/2019 at 5:35 AM, dball said:

Good Morning!

The Roadside Checklist doc is intended as a generic guide and not necessarily meant to be representative of the Roadside Rescue policy.  That said, though, I can certainly understand why there might be confusion.

I've reached out to my contact at SafeRide and will post here once I have his answer.

Sincerely,

Dan

is there an answer as I will need some ones RA in March when I pull unit off blocks 

Custom made supports and a jack to lift it 

I park it in October and get all 10 tires off the ground 

If you have specific questions about FMCA's ERS, you can call the actual provider (Safe Ride Motor Club)  (972) 455-1900.

9 hours ago, bm02tj said:

I park it in October and get all 10 tires off the ground

I am lost on why you would call ERS to get it off blocks.

Could you post a picture of your RV with 10 tires?

Bill

I asked Dan for the answer as I need to get some ones road side service as I will have unit back on the road in March 

and my Goodsam has expired 

I have seen Totters and Super C's with 10 tires, 45+ foot with enclosed car carrier...But I'm still confused about the need for ERS, unless you just feel more comfortable with it while traveling!  Don't look as if Dan is getting back anytime soon...so why not renew with GS or call Coach Net?  

6 hours ago, bm02tj said:

I need to get some ones road side service as I will have unit back on the road in March 

and my Goodsam has expired 

I think that this is the answer Carl.:ph34r:

I know, I know - money in a separate account for saving until needed for roadside assistance. However, we broke down 22 miles from home. GS ERS to the rescue. When we were unhooking 40 miles away at the Cummins dealer I asked the tow truck driver what it would have cost me if I had paid for it myself. He said, "About $750."

I'll keep GS, just as I keep other insurance policies. I also have thiere ESP.

Linda just transferred her GS over to my coach...Her DP is being fixed, then for sale. 

Kay. Had he said so, in the beginning, we could have been done with it. :ph34r: What I don't know, will GS or anyone cover the tow cost of a rig with 2 drive axles?  That would take a HD Tow Truck! :blink: 

I only have one drive axle and a tag with duels 

It is a 1816MG Renagade with 16ft garage for my jeep to ride in 

When parked at Moab it is the master bedroom 

I think I will renew with GS 

bm, I was thinking that you posted a picture of it, on the Forum, a couple of years ago...was not sure!  That's an awesome RIG!!! 😁