rayin

New RV park in Houston TX

That would have been a nice place to be this past weekend. It is right across from Ellington Field and the Air Show was going on.

Those prices are high. There are many more RV Parks in the area that are lower than those prices.

That is about 25 miles North of me.

I have seen rates going up quite a bit over the last few years. I guess it is supply and demand. There re a lot more RV's on the road since the upswing in the economy.  Most of the USA CG's are very high, but on the other hand you can find places around here for $500-600 monthly, or even less, and many include all utilities. 

Wayne, the park rates have really jumped over the part two or 3 years.  Many places are sticking "Resort" in their name and think they can demand more $$$$.  We shop and use the discounts and look for city and county parks as well.

Ken

Several years ago I read an article from the RV industry stating there are more RV's licensed in the U.S. than there are camping sites. If everyone who owned an RV decided travel at the same time, there would not be camping sites for everyone. As Wayne said, supply and demand.

Then there is the subject of land value, If an RVpark/resort owner cannot justify operating expenses, they have no choice but to raise rates or sell the land.

Years ago a developer offered $1 million dollars a lot for owned land in a FL RV park on the East coast, IF everyone would sell at the same time. The deal fell through, but how can a park owner compete with that kind of land value?

I don't like todays  site costs, but what choice have we when boondocking is not an option-healthwise?

On 11/5/2019 at 1:03 PM, manholt said:

Ray, how is your DW ?  Any improvement?

She is about the same condition, I seriously doubt she will ever recover enough for extended traveling again. She has great difficulty speaking too(brain damage), and will not socialize. We've had a good run and will not sell our MH;  she does want to winter in FL again this winter unless she begins feeling worse. The trip to and from FL will take a while as she can only travel ~250 miles at a stretch, then the back pain overcomes the meds;  well, that's why our apartment has wheels- wherever we stop is home.

Thank you for inquiring. I keep in mind,  _in sickness and health until death do us part.

I try to get out of the house when she feels like me being away from her. Today I replaced the MH coolant overflow bottle, the OEM Spartan replacement is $70, I bought a 1G tank from United Plastics + cap, I had to drill N tap the bottom for a 1/4" NPT hose barb and with all that, the installed tank cost  $22 delivered.

When I learn of new RV parks one of the first things I do is view that park from Google Earth.  From satellite views, a true perspective of the RV park can be obtained versus the "embellishment" that RV park websites often contain.   The latest Google Earth view of Jetstream RV Resort is from February 2019 while the park was under construction.  In general, the park looks quite spacious with concrete paved spots and roads.    Scenery around this "resort" isn't the best as the park is surrounded by several warehouses.

The price per night is not out of line with other nice, spacious RV parks/resorts in the greater Houston area.  My wife is an RV park "snob".  By the looks of their website and Google Earth, Jetstream RV Resort is a park that would meet her criteria.  The new Jetstream RV Resort is in good proximity to Ellington Field, Space Center Houston / Johnson Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk.    A day trip to Galveston would also be easy from the Jetstream RV Resort.

A search on Google Earth reveals a potentially even nicer resort in generally the same area named "Galveston Bay RV Resort and Marina" --> http://www.galvestonbayrv.com/     This RV park comes closer to "resort" designation with much better views and many "waterfront" spots.  Of course with better views, the daily price for some spots is slightly higher than the price at Jetstream RV Resort.   The wife and I need to give Galveston Bay RV Resort a try early in 2020 after LSU wins the national football championship.....

Attached is the February 2019 Google Earth view of the Jetstream RV Resort and a screen snapshot of the resort map from the Jetstream website

Jetstream RV Resort - Google Earth.JPG

Jetstream RV Resort Map.JPG

11 hours ago, fagnaml said:

The price per night is not out of line with other nice, spacious RV parks/resorts in the greater Houston area. 

I agree.  We've stayed at Advanced RV Park in Pearland a bit further west and the rates are virtually identical.

Jetstream is centrally located to most of the attractions in Houston, Galveston and surrounding area.  I'm going to have to take a run up there and look it over.  The daily rate is <>$65 and that is high but in keeping with many of the more "luxurious" parks in the area.  Depends on what you want. We enjoy a nice comfortable park but it is dependent on how long we are gong to stay. A few days to a week just about any park will do. The longer we plan on staying the nicer we like the park.  There are many other parks in the area that are cheaper and comfortable. For just a week or two, look at Gordy Road RV Park at $435 a month +Electric.  Anyone on a budget could afford that. (About $14 a day + Electric).  Green Caye RV Park would be another budget stop at $495 monthly and includes Electric.  Sites are close together but then you get to know your neighbor.  Many others in the area.