whiteeagle

Security system for mh and towed

Looking for ideas / products that some folks have found - and using successfully  that are used when activated - evenings or even if just when away from area .....would want it to provide notice / alarm if and when possible intruder was at towed or outside mh.
I believe I'd like a system that would detect motion around or intrusion into the towed and mh, make audible alarm, plus send text/email/call to one or two iphones, and ideally record the event...
Anyone have one they would recommend?

One or two of those video door bells would work but what you are describing would require a 24/7 personal, not campground, wifi signal to send alerts to your phones 📱and if you are camped where there is no cell signal you won’t have WiFi. For night time you could install lights with motion sensors but that would not provide security in the daytime. A good barking watch dog perhaps may help but who wants a dog barking every time some walks by. I wish I had a better answer. Perhaps others will. 

If you are going to use this in a campground, it might be really difficult for the system to distinguish a true intruder from neighbors coming too close to your rig as they cut through a campsite, wildlife walking by, someone's dog being walked, etc. Not sure if having an audible alarm go off every time something came within a preset distance to your coach is going to be welcomed with open arms in a campground.

That said, I understand the desire to be able to keep an eye on things, both when you're inside and when you are away from the campground.

If you have reliable wifi, then any of the Ring type camera systems will work just fine. You could mount a few cameras inside and outside your coach and be notified of every movement detected.

Man, "hold my beer"! I am probably the most paranoid person when talking about home security. I have got a couple of security systems actually, a standard when on the inside, on the backyard I have got some motion sensors, 4 Wyze cams (which are really cheap and actually awesome) and even a ring doorbell. They are all working great, however it was a real headache to make them work together. Thankfully https://www.ccsecurityservices.co.uk/ the security company that I am using the services of, made it all happen.

Edited by Primard