mypopslou

Help RV will not start

50 minutes ago, Mypopslou said:

Also rescheduled my appointment to have front end alignment done.

I recommend an "all" wheel alignment. This cuers a lot of tracking problems.

Bill

4 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I recommend an "all" wheel alignment. This cuers a lot of tracking problems.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the suggestion, that is my intent, had a neighbor whose rear was 11% out of alignment and once corrected he said it was like he was driving a different coach.

6 hours ago, Mypopslou said:

Bill, thanks for the suggestion, that is my intent, had a neighbor whose rear was 11% out of alignment and once corrected he said it was like he was driving a different coach.

That is called "thrust angle" my rear axle was out 3/4". After the total alignment ours drove the same as your neighbor described.

UPDATE: there is a Battery Isolator called a Trumbatta and a Bi Directional Isolator called  BIRD on my coach. I am on the 3rd Trumbatta as they are overheating which is melting the internal contacts and causing them to fail. This is why my chassis batteries were not charging when plugged in and my Aux start would not work. In addition the BIRD they installed on my coach was for a gas coach not a diesel coach  I found a person who lives in my community who has the same coach as I do and told me he had the same issue. He took his coach back to the factory and they installed a different battery Isolator called a BIG BOY as well as  different BIRD for Diesel coach. I confirmed with Thor that this part would work in my coach. We had to change the terminal clips as the contacts on the Big Boy were much larger than the original Trumbatta. I have enclosed pictures of the new parts. I installed these on Tuesday and my coach is finally charging the way it was intended. If anyone out there is having the same issue, this is the answer.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions

Big_Boy_D2_Picture.jpg

UPC_Big_BOy.jpg

Bird_D-2.jpg