Sky2kid

Warning about Blue Beacon Truck Wash

November 5th, .2019 we had our 5th wheel and truck washed at the North Las Vegas Blue Beacon Truck Wash. They washed the left side of the fifth wheel with aluminum brightener by mistake. Now they say they did not do that. It appears that the whole left side will now have to be painted and new decals. Warning about Blue Beacon Truck Wash. Right off the bat they said they do not wash trailers with brightener, it will ruin gel coat. Again no results on curing the problem with the home office Blue Beacon.

I have used Blue Beacon several times in the past with my 5th Wheel Toy Hauler and now with my Class A Diesel pusher. The quality has always been ok, not great, not bad. Last summer at the York NE location off I-80 I got so bad a wash that I have decided never to use them again. 

I used them from 2002 to 2015 and they did great.  Then it went downhill, some places (3 in TX) are still good. Last one was in AL. I went thru 2x before they got it right, thankfully I had no damage!  I have friends that still use the 3 in TX, all on I-10.  BB has been around since 1973.

We have used BB in the US and Canada over the last 15 years or so with mixed results. Sometimes they do a spectacular job, sometimes just ok. The worst wash we ever got was at the Blue Beacon Truck wash of Monee, Illinois.  I complained and they sent me a free wash coupon to make up for it.

The one thing I have found is that if you contact their HO on their website with a complaint, they will try to make it right.

"txtiger" did you complain to the store manager or HO?

I have used Blue Beacon twice. Once in coming back from the Madison Convention where they did an excellent job. The second time was this year on our way to The Convention in Minot, ND, where they go too aggressive with the pressure washer and blew a hole in the paint on the front of the coach. I was dumb and didn't tell the manager at the time. My mistake.

So as been said some are good and others not so good.

Herman

We've used BB a number of times over the past 9 years with no problems. Occasionally they knock off weep hole covers off our windows, nothing worse.  One suggestion which was made to me a few years ago was to give the "team leader" a modest sized tip before the wash begins (when you are giving him instructions through the window beforehand).  I can't swear that this helps, but we haven't had any issues.

Nobody washes my MH but me and I do not use a power washer.  If something gets screwed up I can go look in the mirror and find the guilty party!☹️