14Fleetwood

Frozen/damaged water filter?

I have a 2014 Fleetwood Terra 35K.

My wife and I experienced our first seriously cold weather in our coach this week.  Besides burning a bunch of propane, the only other thing of note from this experience is that now I get almost no water pressure in the coach when connected to the camp water supply. 

I still get water pressure using my water pump and the fresh water tank.  I get strong pressure from the camp through my fresh water hose, so the problem has to be in the coach somewhere. 

I noted that there is an inline carbon filter in my utility hatch and I wonder if that item may have been damaged due to the freezing temperature and is now plugged.  The filter is only 5 months old and had relatively little volume through it at this point.  I'm not sure what else could be causing this pressure issue....

Would you replace the filter just to see if it's the problem?

What were the low temps you experienced?  How long did they last?  Was there a above freezing recovery during the day?

Since he said. "Strong pressure threw water hose, connected to camp",  I'll agree with Bill.  Bad/plugged filter! 

11 hours ago, manholt said:

Since he said. "Strong pressure threw water hose, connected to camp",  I'll agree with Bill.  Bad/plugged filter! 

X3! However if he is still in freezing weather, I suppose(doubtful but possible) the check-valve at city water connection can be blocked with ice.

If you have a heated wet bay, and if the outside temp is below freezing, might be a good idea to fill your tank and disconnect from the city water unless you are using a heated hose.