fagnaml

"Simple Way" to Reconnect Dryer Hose

During extremely bumpy drives the last few weekends on crappy (can I say that word?) I-10 between Beaumont, TX and the TX/LA state line, the clothes dryer hose disconnected itself from the outside wall vent.  The stacked washer/dryer has at best 2 inches of clearance on either side in the closet where they sit.  The washer and dryer are connected with a metal bar.  Given the tight clearances between washer/dryer and closet walls what is the simplest, fewest curse words/scrapes/bruises approach to re-attaching the dryer vent hose to the outside wall vent?

My initial thinking is I'd have to remove the bolting bar connecting the washer and dryer, pull the drier out somewhat/push it to one side, etc. to be able to reach the dryer hose, re-attach it to the vent, etc.

The image below (courtesy of Google) is a representation of my washer/dryer set-up i.e. tight clearances with the metal bar connecting the two (I presume there is not a metal bar on the back side of the stack?).   Any advice from the Forum would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

p.s.  The wife doesn't allow clutter in our motorhome that this image shows! 

See the source image

How did Newmar install it originally? Have you asked them? Have you tried to take out the shelf over the dryer? You might be able to see down the back of the dryer.

Have you looked for an acess panel on the right side? Did it come off the dryer or the outside vent?

Bill

Bill, Mike said "the out side vent".  If his vent is like mine, you can't just remove it...it's molded into the end cap!  

Mike, I know that section..we're in Rayne.  That section is worse now, than ever...didn't know that was possible! :wacko:

Bill --

The photo I included is not my washer / dryer stack, rather it is a random photo to show the middle connecting bar.  

Thanks to some Googling this morning, I found the Whirlpool "stacking kit" for my Whirlpool washer/dryer (see image below).   Now knowing what that "kit" looks like tell me I need to remove the screws from the front connecting bar, slide the dryer to the right as much as possible and then be a contortionist to connect the hose to the outside wall vent.   My presumption is both plates in the "stacking kit" are screwed to the top of the washer.   I'll share my experiences in reconnecting the dryer vent hose.  I'm still amazed that the worm gear clamp "slid off" the outside vent tube.

Also for reference, below is an image of an RV wall vent kit.   Both the stacking kit and vent kit are available from any RV parts store (such as PPL Motorhomes in Houston).

th?id=OP.oIIH8%2FJP74oGSg474C474&w=180&hth?id=OIP.ugt4hj1z6tDqEMImGge5NwAAAA&pid=Api&w=200&h=200&c=7

Bill --

My dryer vent is in the wall near the right rear of the motorhome.  The dryer vent (small square) is about 3/4 the way up the wall near the passenger side rear corner in this photo of my motorhome.  The vent "cover" is painted to match the wall paint.   My washer/dryer stack is located in a bathroom closet in the right rear corner of the motorhome.

36310009_IMG_2522(002).JPG.8867042158ac8033099fe1dc902e7dbb.JPG

My vent cap is removable but unfortunately its only removable by removing the screws from inside. 

Mike, I've responded to your private messages but I don't know if you're seeing them. 

2 hours ago, fagnaml said:

The vent "cover" is painted to match the wall paint.   My washer/dryer stack is located in a bathroom closet in the right rear corner of the motorhome.

Are your attachment screws  on the outside or on the inside like Jim S.

Bill

I removed the exterior wall vent to clean the dryer vent hose, there was about 2' of extra hose between dryer and vent. This made it easy to clean the hose and reattach everything. BTW, cleaning brush is from WalMart.

image.png.e5a76fc089f1f32b9068ea50a7fd9f57.png

After using the brush and before reinstalling the wall vent,I turned on the dryer, outside. the ground looked like it snowed.

Mine may not be the same but I was able to remove the outside vent and pull the hose outside a little and reconnect it to the vent and slide it all back in again.

Lenp

Bill, mine is similar to Mike's...remember back to Six State in Shawnee, when I bumped into the other coach DS mirror with the rear of my coach?  His mirror got caught in my dryer vent, that's why there was $7,200 in body work!  His bill was less than $1,500. :wacko:

Mine is attached like Jim S. and flush on outside, glassed over & painted.  If I ever have to clean it, I'll make a closet out of that space...Linda would shoot me! :P