Sign in to follow this  
robh

Hail Damage

2000 Beaver Monticello Patriot Thunder, purchased in September and drove home to Illinois from Oregon. Hit severe weather in Iowa and of course hail damage to roof. This was small hail that came down hard enough to break A/C covers and pierce roof in places. Looking for opinions on best way to repair and references on a qualified shop. 

Robh, where are you at?  I put RV Armor on my roof 2 years ago, had a hail storm in Alto, NM last year that took out my slide awnings, no damage to roof!  There is a Beaver Chapter & Forum! 

Watseka, Iroquois County, know the area well.  Used to work that area.  I'm guessing the largest RV repair could be Pontiac RV over on I-55.  I know there isn't squat for RV dealers in the Bloomington/Peoria area.  Other than that you may have to head north to Death City.....or I mean Chicago.

Sorry to hear about your hail damage.  We were lucky this summer out in SD when a large hail storm missed the CG by just a few miles.  Unfortunately I was on I-90 in my Mini Cooper and got $14,000+ worth of damage!

In 2014 we had hail hit our 2008 mh while staying in Hot Springs AR. There were 21 rigs in our rally group and all had damage. I have Progressive insurance. They paid the $19,000 roof replacement.  As stated, your insurance should cover it and i personally don't think patching should be an option.

You are 150 miles from Elkhart, IN, and there is an RV repair place their named Master Tech RV. If you don't mind the travel, give them a call. They do great work.