Sign in to follow this  
rreiner

Holiday Rambler Water Pump Fuse

Recently we were in Iowa where it got cold. We purposely did not hook up the hose so it wouldn't freeze. We then tried to use our water pump but after turning it on within seconds it shut off all 3 buttons to it indicating a fuse or something electrical went bad. In our manuel there was no indication where the circuit was broken? After testing all the fuses we found a 10amp one had failed on the panel located in our master bath area. The fuse was marked "Monitor Panel" so that's where the confusion was. I odnt understand why Holiday Rambler did not have this information about it but glad it was an easy fix. ours is a 2003 40 foot diesel pusher.

22 hours ago, rreiner said:

Recently we were in Iowa where it got cold. We purposely did not hook up the hose so it wouldn't freeze. We then tried to use our water pump but after turning it on within seconds it shut off all 3 buttons to it indicating a fuse or something electrical went bad. In our Manuel there was no indication where the circuit was broken? After testing all the fuses we found a 10 amp one had failed on the panel located in our master bath area. The fuse was marked "Monitor Panel" so that's where the confusion was. I don't understand why Holiday Rambler did not have this information about it but glad it was an easy fix. ours is a 2003 40 foot diesel pusher.

rreiner, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Thanks for your feedback. Your issue is one of the main reasons that it is so hard to pin issues down. Lack of the proper labeling regarding what fused circuits power what is difficult and it does happen in many makes and models. 

Rich.

10-4 on that Rich. That is why when I am looking for what I think is a blown fuse I will check them all if the correct one is not obvious or labeled. You never know what the factory  decided to put on with another circuit.

Herman

On our ‘04 Revolution, there is an in-line fuse in the power lead going to the water pump. It’s just behind the pump, which is behind a removable panel in the wet bay. I’ve blown that fuse twice so now I carry some spares of that type in my toolbox.