dstankov

FMCA Super C Chapter, Interested?

I would like to know how many folks would be interested in starting an FMCA Super C chapter.  Most times at rallies where manufacturers such as Freightliner are present their classes and presentations are geared towards the diesel pushers and not Super C owners on S2RV, M2 106 chassis or the Ford F550 Super Cs to name a few.  I have posted a poll in the Class C section of IRV2 to gauge interest in the formation of a chapter.  The link to the poll is http://www.irv2.com/forums/f87/fmca-super-c-chapter-469212.html

dstankov.

This is FMCA Forum, not irv2 !  If we don't have one, then start here...if you want one in irv2, then post there!  Thank you.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

dstankov.

This is FMCA Forum, not irv2 !  If we don't have one, then start here...if you want one in irv2, then post there!  Thank you.

I placed the poll on IRV2 because there are more users with more activity on IRV2 than there is on the FMCA forum.  By placing the poll on IRV2 it is capturing interest from across the spectrum.  Yes I am asking about forming an FMCA chapter of Super C owners because the current FMCA diesel chapters do not consider Super C owners, they only consider diesel pushers when planning their activities.  

Believe it or not I do know what I am doing.  BTW, IRV2, FYI, is another forum and is not a RV group having specific chapter such as Escapees or FMCA.  

Thanks for the comment.

We the super c owners are lucky as any truck shop will work on our rigs 

I own a Renegade 1816MG on a FL80 Freightliner chassis  3126 cat power 

dstankov.  

Did not mean to offend you.  I agree, that's one reason why I did not renew my 5 year membership in the Diesel Club.  Since it's no longer based on CAT Engines, then ALL coaches with a Diesel (Trailer haulers included) should be welcomed, regardless of class!

bm, that to me, is the biggest reason to look at Super C's!  My only concern is the cost in getting one big enough. Enough interior space for 2 tall people (my lady is 5'10" & I'm 6'8")!

On 11/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, bm02tj said:

We the super c owners are lucky as any truck shop will work on our rigs 

I own a Renegade 1816MG on a FL80 Freightliner chassis  3126 cat power 

Same with our DPs.  Even Freightliner Oasis dealers, who claim to be MH friendly, are hesitant to work on them and can't get parts...and still charge $25 or more per hour when they do work on them.

14 hours ago, FIVE said:

and still charge $25 or more per hour

Yes, I have heard of this before, but it was ALL Motorhomes every place I have worked. It was done due to the complexity of more items being in the engine bay, more difficultly in determining and obtaining parts, different wiring diagrams (often there was no wiring diagram and several systems were tied into the chassis) several manufactures overlapping and dealing with people hanging out while it was being worked on. 

It was explained to me that much more care needs to be taken with motor homes than commercial vehicles. It's not just that they have to spend more time prepping (floor covering, and other protective gear) but that there is a whole other level of expectations when dealing with the motor home owners.

Not to be offensive to anyone, but if I owned a shop I'd rather have commercial vehicle owners as customers than motor home owners any day of the week. This includes myself...

Let's face it, we are going to be fussier, likely to be less knowledgeable about the mechanics of the coach, and in general be a more difficult customer. We also won't have a commercial account with the shop and will require retail billing.

Shops will always give their best pricing to the customers they want to encourage and that make them the most money.

I said, "$25 or more per hour."  The reason I was told for the extra charge is that in a normal tractor, most parts that need service are under the hood...ours are all over and under the coach.

Like any club.  Someone has to step up to the plate and contact FMCA to get the ball rolling!  Seems to me, no one wants to do that, they just want to join an established, by some one else effort, club...not going to happen! 

Here is what any group needs to do to form an FMCA Chapter. First contact Kaitlyn Krol Chapter Services Assistant (kkrol@fmca.com) and ask for the Forms needed to form a new Chapter. Kaitlyn will send you all the paperwork needed and with directions on how to proceed. You will need to get 15 FMCA Members to sign you petition. (it used to be 20 to form and 15 to maintain but it is now 15 to form and 7 to maintain) All Petition signers must members in good standing of FMCA.

You can form a chapter in a specific area like Midwest, South Central, ect. or one that is nationwide in the International Area (INTO). 

So if you would like to be a member of a "SUPER C" Chapter, get on the stick and form one. Lots of folks might be in the same boat but don't know where to go. Here is your chance to get one started.

Herman