campdowhatchawanna

2017 Ford C-Max Hybrid Toad Setup

New Member here.  We just bought a 2017 Ford C-Max hybrid to pull behind our (new to us) 2015 Forest River Lexington.  I would appreciate any info on tow bar, base plate, braking system and wiring you may have.  As well as experiencing in installing them.  I have been all over the ETrailer site looking at videos.  I live in NE Texas, about an hour from Shreveport if you have any recommendations on installers.  At this point, I was hoping to install myself.  I am torn between the Blue Ox and Roadmaster baseplate and tow bars.  Roadmaster looks more substantial but with the external crossbar, it is one more thing to stow when not being towed.  The previous owner of the FR Lexington had an Invisabrake system on his Jeep, which he keep.  I am unsure whether to go with something permanent like invisabrake or something like the take out patriot.  All help is appreciated. thanks

anna,

Welcome to the Forum.

I checked with M&G Engineering and they do not make a unit for the 2017 Ford C-Max. I would check with Invisabrake and see if they make a unit for your vehicle.

Blue Ox makes 4 different setups for your vehicle with removable tabs where nothing shows when you are not towing.

Herman

Air Force 1 might be a option for brake, we have it on the Ford Expedition!  Invisa brake is still in my Jeep, PIA to install and remove...If you feel inclined to remove it, you can have it.  I'll be at the Antique Capital RV Park in Gladewater the 22nd to the 8th.  PM me for a phone # !

Thanks for the replies.  I ordered and received today the roadmaster baseplate, toe bar, lighting kits and an invisabrake system.  Will start the install tomorrow. Man holt, what’s gaping in Gladewater? We are only about 40 min from there in Avinger.  

Thanks, Danny

1 hour ago, CampDowhatchawanna said:

Thanks for the replies.  I ordered and received today the roadmaster baseplate, toe bar, lighting kits and an invisabrake system.  Will start the install tomorrow. Man holt, what’s gaping in Gladewater? We are only about 40 min from there in Avinger.  

Thanks, Danny

I am betting on a rally. You should message Carl and drive down there. I stayed there before 6 State, nice park and area.

Bill

Yep!  Lone Star Chapter Christmas Rally, Dec 2 - 6.  I'll be installed as President for next year!  I'm here early to get our dog Spade today & spend Thanksgiving with my best friend...might do some hunting also! :P