Sign in to follow this  
rayin

will someone explain the basis of this thread?

This thread on irv2.com is causing concern, however I'm ignorant of the background and potential consequences. I never knew of the attached letter within that thread that is the main cause of concern.

Hi RayIN,

I've scanned the irv2 thread and while I see reference to a letter, I can't find the actual letter being discussed.  My assumption is the letter being referred to is the email sent in Jon Walker's name shortly after Minot explaining the reason for the dues increase, which, in so many words, is to help fund the highly-valued FMCAssist program.

If there's something else you are referring to or that is causing confusion, I'm not seeing it, but am glad to try and help.

Thanks,

Dan

I'll cut to the chase;  are we going to lose FMCA Assist or did the last minor dues increase cover that 73% increase from Seven Corners? That irv2.com thread made it sound to me like we are losing the Assist program.  All other such medical assist programs cost well over $179/yr, so we have a great deal today!

P.S. Mr. Walkers letter is in that hot link within the thread.

The letter is linked in post/reply #11.

I think this is old news and not relevant today. 

Ray your homework assignment is to call Seven Corners and ask if it is still in place and report back.;)

Bill

We have a year with Seven Corners while the Risk Management Committee researchers other providers. May change and may not, but clearly the intent is to keep the benefit. 

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

The letter is linked in post/reply #11.

I think this is old news and not relevant today. 

Ray your homework assignment is to call Seven Corners and ask if it is still in place and report back.;)

Bill

Nope, I'll not muddy the waters by contacting them. The committee is tasked with dealing with Seven Corners, they don't need "help" from individuals.

Ray, I finally found the Link in iRV2...Seems that 80% of comments are pre Minot.  Other 20% has to do with RoLo & an app!  My FMCA membership is not due until 2024, but as I have said in another post..."Bill  me for the difference & I'll pay it"!  Even without FMCAssits the $75 is worth my membership!

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Ray, I finally found the Link in iRV2...Seems that 80% of comments are pre Minot.  Other 20% has to do with RoLo & an app!  My FMCA membership is not due until 2024, but as I have said in another post..."Bill  me for the difference & I'll pay it"!  Even without FMCAssits the $75 is worth my membership!

I agree Carl. I'm just  trying to find out the facts, as I'd never seen that thread until yesterday.  I failed to notice the begin date of that thread, perhaps that is what derailed my thoughts.(or being old)

55 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Here is a video that should be promoted better for new people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0hFvu73q08

Bill

I never knew FMCA had videos, as you said it appears to be a secret. The basic tenet of selling/promoting something is to advertise widely.

At the risk of having my hands slapped; SMART members leave membership applications at military campgrounds they visit; just another form of advertising.

Bill, Ray.  Secret?  Duh. I had no idea that little film existed...Wonder how many National Directors, like me, don't have a clue!  Perhaps Mr. Dan Ball can explain, why that Link is not advertised & marketed to every single FMCA member?

6 hours ago, rossboyer said:

Perhaps the NVP for your area should be regularly communicating to the ND, AltND and Chapter Presidents about these things. 

Well Ross, maybe the NVP should be notified that this "film" is available. This is the first I have heard about it. It was posted on uTube on the 14th of Nov and has had a total of 97 views and two of those are mine.

To anyone at FMCA who gives a **** about the members and I don't think that person or those people exit.  If FMCAssist dues are increased again or discontinued, I'm out of here. Somewhere within any organization there must be a value. The ability to communicate with other like minded folks was eliminated when FMCA decided to include non-motorized RVs. I can get that for free from a number of other web sites. FMCA is doomed to FAIL. Every time an ambulance drives by FMCA loses a member. FMCA BOD puffed out their chest  when membership increased after allowing towables to join. Then PROMPTLY increased our annual dues. What BS!!!

Well just so you know it appears that FMCA has been putting out videos for a while. Go to

https://www.youtube.com/user/fmcaonline/playlists

You will find a list of over 750 videos. If you play one and click on the "Subscribe" you will get notifications of new releases. 

I think there is a wealth of information available.

Bill 

1 hour ago, MisterDiggs said:

The ability to communicate with other like minded folks was eliminated when FMCA decided to include non-motorized RVs.

MisterDiggs, Welcome to the forum. Can you please explain to me how you were stopped from communicating? 

What exactly have you done to make FMCA a better club? Have you joined a local chapter, have you volunteered at rallies? 

Personally, I think the person is more important than what kind of RV they have. 

1 hour ago, MisterDiggs said:

Every time an ambulance drives by FMCA loses a member.

And we will be saddened when it stops for you.

Bill

Bill, well said.  Only you can dig out the above info & Link!  Thank you.  

Ross B.  Had you posted what Bill did, you would be praised also!  :P

22 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Well just so you know it appears that FMCA has been putting out videos for a while. Go to

https://www.youtube.com/user/fmcaonline/playlists

You will find a list of over 750 videos. If you play one and click on the "Subscribe" you will get notifications of new releases. 

I think there is a wealth of information available.

Bill 

Duh_Duh, I found the link under RV marketplace on our home page; problem is, the homepage is so busy it's hard to locate things.. Now for the publicity angle to emerge.

" ..........FMCA BOD puffed out their chest  when membership increased after allowing towables to join. Then PROMPTLY increased our annual dues. What BS!!! "

Well, MisterDiggs, it is obvious that you do not know how FMCA works. FMCA is made up of areas of which there are 10 and each area has National Vice President . Those AVPs along with the elected national officers (president,sr. vice president,secretary, and treasurer)make up the Executive Board of FMCA  and the BOD of FMC so there are only 15 of us.

Within each area there are chapters. Each chapter has a representative known as a "National Director". The ND's of an area elect the AVP for their area. That director also comes to the annual governing board meeting and votes the wishes of their chapter. At that meeting the directors vote on items such as the operating budget of the association, policies and procedures which are the "rules and regulations" on how the association is run. Before the meeting, each delegate receives a booklet of everything that will be voted on at the meeting so that they can discuss everything with their chapter and get their input. The ND then votes the wishes of their chapter.

Now, here is the important part. It is the chapter delegates (aka National Directors) who are the determining factor when it comes to the dues and not the BOD as you so claim. At the Minot Governing board meeting there was much discussion about the price of  the FMCAssist program.  A motion was made to raise the dues which was seconded. A discussion followed, question was called and a vote taken. A majority of the National Directors voted to raise dues to keep an important benefit to the membership. So there you have it, it wasn't the "BOD" as you claim that raised the dues.

Now a couple of questions for you:

Have you ever been to an area rally?

Have you ever been to a national convention?

Did you vote when the entire membership voted on allowing towables to join FMCA

Do you belong to a chapter?

If you are the Diggs listed as a member, are we going to see you at either the summer or winter national convention? If so, I would like to meet you.

I would like to add.  By being a member of a chapter, you will get a full report about what is "New" in FMCA and what needs to be Voted on at National by your ND.  You can get the info from FMCA and still have your voice heard, if you chose not to be in a chapter.  The whole reason for FMCA,  is like minded people to meet up and share information that applies to our camping interests.  

As for the Assits, no one knew that Seven Corners was coming out with a 73% increase!  That affected us, as well as all the other organisations that offers it to their members, like Good Sam, Shriners Intl, Masonic, Lions Intl & Elks (I'm a member to those).  I'm sure there are others! 

On 11/24/2019 at 11:19 PM, dons2346 said:

" ..........FMCA BOD puffed out their chest  when membership increased after allowing towables to join. Then PROMPTLY increased our annual dues. What BS!!! "

Well, MisterDiggs, it is obvious that you do not know how FMCA works. FMCA is made up of areas of which there are 10 and each area has National Vice President . Those AVPs along with the elected national officers (president,sr. vice president,secretary, and treasurer)make up the Executive Board of FMCA  and the BOD of FMC so there are only 15 of us.

Within each area there are chapters. Each chapter has a representative known as a "National Director". The ND's of an area elect the AVP for their area. That director also comes to the annual governing board meeting and votes the wishes of their chapter. At that meeting the directors vote on items such as the operating budget of the association, policies and procedures which are the "rules and regulations" on how the association is run. Before the meeting, each delegate receives a booklet of everything that will be voted on at the meeting so that they can discuss everything with their chapter and get their input. The ND then votes the wishes of their chapter.

Now, here is the important part. It is the chapter delegates (aka National Directors) who are the determining factor when it comes to the dues and not the BOD as you so claim. At the Minot Governing board meeting there was much discussion about the price of  the FMCAssist program.  A motion was made to raise the dues which was seconded. A discussion followed, question was called and a vote taken. A majority of the National Directors voted to raise dues to keep an important benefit to the membership. So there you have it, it wasn't the "BOD" as you claim that raised the dues.

Now a couple of questions for you:

Have you ever been to an area rally? 

Nope.

Have you ever been to a national convention?

Yep.

Did you vote when the entire membership voted on allowing towables to join FMCA

Yep.

Do you belong to a chapter?

Nope. Contacted local chapter and it was a month begore I received a reply.

If you are the Diggs listed as a member, are we going to see you at either the summer or winter national convention? If so, I would like to meet you.

Nope but I'd like to meet you too. I think you drank the KoolAid.