Sign in to follow this  
lmsooter

FMCA International Conventions

We would like to encourage all members to try to make a convention.

We made our first one this year in Albuquerque and the experience was fantastic. You really do not realize what you are missing.

The entire package was great - seminars, vendors, coach displays and entertainment. We attended with the goal of learning as much as we can before we start full timing and to look at new coaches in preparation for an upgrade in size. We really received much more than the cost of attending.

We were able to talk to knowledgeable vendors about various products which make the motorhoming lifestyle much more simple.

Then there is the opportunity to meet other members and learn from their experiences.

Overall, a convention is a fantastic opportunity which is offered twice a year in various areas of the country. Our only regret is that we will not be able to attend the Redmond convention due to a previous committment.

Leary and Sandra,

So glad to hear you had a great time at the convention. Once you attend one, you'll be back as often as you can. We never get to attend as many as we would like. Redmond is a great place for a convention.

Tom,

Maybe we can talk them into a convention in Hawaii next year :rolleyes:

Paul

Tough drive. What with the following sea and all.

Brett

I, too, attended my first rally in Albuquerque and I'm looking forward to Redmond. Glad to see there are some TX folks close by. Planning on attending the Arts and Crafts Festival in Kerrville this year after missing for a number of years -- Army had me occupied, etc. Hawaii would be great if one would start working on a bridge. LOL

I've spent the past couple of hours looking for the daily program for the International Convention in Redmond in August. So far, no luck! It shouldn't be that hard to locate. We are hoping to attend our first FMCA International this fall. We have been at Internationals conducted by 3 other Clubs, and look forward to comparing what FMCA has to offer. Can somebody help me find the Schedule, and program offerings?

Allan and Pat Smith F366346

I've spent the past couple of hours looking for the daily program for the International Convention in Redmond in August. So far, no luck! It shouldn't be that hard to locate. We are hoping to attend our first FMCA International this fall. We have been at Internationals conducted by 3 other Clubs, and look forward to comparing what FMCA has to offer. Can somebody help me find the Schedule, and program offerings?

Allan,

It is after hours in Cincinnati, so no official answer-- I will speculate that the Seminar Schedule for Redmond has not been finalized this far in advance.

Here is the schedule for the last Convention in Albuquerque, which may give you some idea of the types of things offered:

http://www.fmca.com/index.php/conventions/...e/2916-seminars

Brett

Allan and Pat,

The early preview of seminars for Redmond has been posted. The list will be updated as additional seminars are confirmed and the final seminar schedule, including days and times, will be posted after the entire schedule is complete. Please check back frequently for updates. The "Redmond Rocks . . . Feel The Excitement" convention will include several unique seminars including "Ask The Experts," "RV Destinations Idea Exchange," "Bicycling 101," and a "Bicycle Skills Course." There are many other new seminars that will soon be included on the list. Also, as Brett suggested, you can look at FMCA.com's Albuquerque pages to get an idea of what to expect at Redmond. We look forward to seeing you at Redmond!

Allan and Pat,

I don't know if you have children or grandchildren who will be traveling with you to Redmond. If you do and they are between the ages of 2 and 19 then you might be interested in our Youth Program. We have separate programs by age group: 2-5, 6-9, 10-12 and 13-19. They are chaperoned and have age-relevant activities. Older children take field trips off the convention grounds. The only caveat for the youngest participants is that they be potty trained. The youth are occupied during the day so that you can enjoy the convention and at night they are tired out and ready to hit the hay.

Judy Czarsty, F79148