cmcusn

Shift pad power

Have a 2017 Discovery LXE 40X, problems with the Arens 5 gen SBW (shift by wire) pad.  Have ing power to pin 12 but no battery power to pin 13.  What I need is the location of the Vehicle Identification mod and picture showing the fuse and relays.

Thanks William

cmcusn,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

What chassis are you on? That is where the wiring for the Allison would have been done. Normally, the two 12 VDC positives to the Allison ECU come from the same fuse block-- one for memory the other hot only when the ignition is on.

Verify that your ignition switch and ignition solenoid are working-- if the dash HVAC fan works, these are good.

thanks for the response, the original problem was the dash air not working, read that it could be the relay, changed that and fixed it, but then wont start, just says "trans comm fail", all fuses that I can find are good.

fleetwood xcm chassis

replaced the relays and the dash air works, and the hacks retracted the first time i tried to start it

Does the Allison shift pad illuminate (show N) when you turn on the ignition?

If so, use the shift pad to check for diagnostic codes.

I wonder that since this is a newer coach you can try to disconnect the batteries, wait 10 minutes then reconnect to reboot everything?