Sign in to follow this  
wjpatton1

DirecTV 775 error code after storage

The factory installed HD Traveller sat antenna on my 2018Jayco Seneca and the DirecTV box give a 775 code (rcvr doesn't recognize antenna) after 3 months of inactivity.  I usually call Direct TV tech support and they send a signal to the Direct TV box, which usually fixes the problem.   NOT TODAY!  They sent the signal and nothing changed.  Anyone have any suggestions how I can resolve this continuing problem?  This is getting old.  Thanks!

First unplug the Sat receiver about 5 minutes.

plug back in to ac line receiver

power up receiver and press in the red button above your card ' Cold restart

push in power button on HD Traveller direct dish

make sure you can see clearance to the SW in the open

go make a cup of coffee

it will turn on after all the refresch has run its course.

Tim the Mailman

If the "Red Button" don't do it.  Pull the card out & reinsert card.

After you make coffee, it will take about 10 min.

The 775 code indicates a communication problem between the receiver and your Trav'ler.  It's not an error that would be expected to be resolved by pushing the red reset button.  The suggestions from AT&T include "rebooting" the power inserter and checking all the coax connections.  Here's a link with the suggestions: Resolving error code 775

Sometimes the dtv receiver to will default to a different type of antenna (satellite dish) after several weeks/months inactivity. If this happens it will show the 775 code. To correct, one must go through the setup menu, then to dish pointing and make sure the receiver is set correctly. If you do not have the install guide for your dish, best to call the maker for the correct settings, but with a unit as new as yours, you should have the setup instructions.

My DISH used to do that, 2014 & 15.  PIA!  Now we have Direct.  Linda turned hers on at the house, first time in a year, went thru the above and took about 30 minutes, for download, self check, etc.