Sign in to follow this  
jerrycheek

Campgrounds in Southwest Harbor Maine

Question

5 answers to this question

Jerry,

I looked in Southwest Harbor and found quite a few Park. One thing to look at is the date of the review. Some are as late as this summer while other are many years old.

Herman

3 hours ago, jerrycheek said:

Looking for Big Rig friendly in Southwest Harbor Maine.  Help.

Welcome to the forum. Adding your rig information to your signature will help you get better/quicker answers. Big Rig friendly means different things to some campgrounds. I was  looking at a place up in The Watkins Glen Glen area  found one that sounded good but when I called and asked, they said they could handle big rigs up to 26'.:D

I always try to look at places using street view to see if there are any glaring problems.

Last time I was in that area we stayed at Forest Ridge Campground, 40 Flockamoosen Way, Ellsworth, ME 04605, forestridgecampground.com. It is a little further outside of the park but we were doing things in that area.

Bill

Jerry.  Welcome!

Are you looking for now?  Or Spring, Summer? Short or Long Term? My overall length of coach & toad is 64 feet, I've had good luck in the past thru, State, area & Good Sam Rating.  The term RV Park & RV Resort, has different meaning in different parts of the country!  Just like "Big Rig".