Sign in to follow this  
f433921

AAA Road Towing

My brother-in-law's coach broke down yesterday when traveling east bound on I-84 in the Columbia River Gorge.  Fortunately it happened just as he was approaching an exit and was able to get off of the freeway and on the exit ramp. He was traveling with a strong east wind in his face when it happened, engine stopped with no warring and would not restart.  He was able to coast backward and get on the shoulder.

He has AAA Platinum road service and he contacted AAA and provided them with location type vehicle that he was driving. He was pleasantly surprised how thorough they were questioning on the type of vehicle he driving and if he was in danger or impeding traffic.   Within thirty minutes of making contact with AAA the towing company contacted him requesting information on the length, height, weight, ground clearance and relative position of vehicle in relation to road and traffic conditions. The towing company informed my BIL that a lowboy with dropdown front and removable front section would be used to transport to location of his choice.

My brother-in-law, state police and towing company mutually agreed allow the vehicle to remain on location until this AM.  At first light the tow truck arrives at site and delivered to repair facility by 11 AM.

This is one of the few good experiences that I have heard about.

Jim

Jim,  most are good experiences, with any Roadside Assist carriers!  Problem is, we only hear about the few bad ones...so, thank you for posting a feel good experience! :wub:

About 5 years ago I had my ISB quit running and wouldn't restart.  I was about 150 mile east of Kingman Az on I40.  I called my insurance company State Farm and they had a roll back come and pick it up in about 3 hours.  I drove my tow car which was on a dolly back to Kingman behind the tow truck.  Everything went like clockwork.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:31 AM, manholt said:

Jim,  most are good experiences, with any Roadside Assist carriers!  Problem is, we only hear about the few bad ones...so, thank you for posting a feel good experience! :wub:

Ditto.  I just posted a bad one, and am heartened to read this.  I just fired the carrier involved in that incident following service nearly as bad on the second consecutive event and signed on with FMCA.  I have my fingers crossed.  I'll remember F433921's good experience with AAA.

7 hours ago, urbanhermit said:

Ditto.  I just posted a bad one, and am heartened to read this.  I just fired the carrier involved in that incident following service nearly as bad on the second consecutive event and signed on with FMCA.  I have my fingers crossed.  I'll remember F433921's good experience with AAA.

All good things come to a end.  When my AAA RV Premier came up for renewal they now only offered $500 per tow per year and were limited to 2 tows per year.  I don't think the towing company would answer the phone for that amount.

I now have Good Sam, just hope that I won't have a need for a tow.

Jim