Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Let's hear some GOOD stories

Carl brought up a great point. We hear all of the horror stories about how bad this service, how we couldn't get exactly what we wanted when we wanted it.

Well now let's hear the good stories. 

We had a great time at ***** RV park.

The service was great when we had **** troubles here.

We all have had a great RVing story, now it the time to share your good fortune with us all.

Only good stories, bad stories will be taken off.

Lets hear some!!!!

Herman

I will start it off,

We were on our way to the National Convention in Indianapolis and had engine issues. We limped into Joplin MO. and got to the Cummin Service Center. They ran a preliminary test and determined it was in the fuel system. (I had changed to filter just before we left home) They had 2 50 amp full hookups and we stayed the night. The next morning (Friday) they got it into the shop and found our Hi-Pressure pump was going out. They call around and found a pump in KC and that they would shave it ready for the new pump when it arrived that afternoon. It arrived around 4 pm and they finished the install at 1:45 am Saturday. Just as I paid the tech came in to say they found a leak. They said that they would stay the whole night to finish. I told them that I didn't need to be on the road til Monday afternoon so to go home for the weekend and we could start it up Monday morning. 

We had already planned on staying several days in Joplin since we were meeting friends there. 

They got the job done by mid day and we were on the road. What I didn't say was that their shop was loaded but since we were traveling on a schedule they worked us in.

All of the service people and the tech couldn't have been better and helpful. I give them a 10!

Herman

I just posted in the Cl A forum about  my primary fuel pump leaking. I called our local HDT repair shop Friday past, explained about the pump leak. The shop owner answered the phone, then said Mondays are very busy due to repairs resulting from wrecker tow-ins over the weekend, bring in in Tuesday morning at 8AM. The rest of the story is in that new thread, I'm a happy camper,  albeit my wallet is a bit lighter.

If you ever have  problems in S. half of Indiana, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to give you the shop details, BTW, he has a wrecker(4 total) large enough to retrieve a fully-loaded semi, MH's should be no problem.

THREE:

First was in Oregon and we traveled to Guaranty RV Service Center, Junction City, OR for a major slide repair. The long slide pulled the pedestal off the floor. Guaranty fixed it and did a super job. We were able to stay in their lot with Electric hook up and a shared water faucet for filling fresh water tank.

Second was Master Tech RV in Elkhart, IN.  We called and were a drive in for early morning and they replaced a slide motor, plus fixed a leak where the AC seal was not making contact with the roof. Had them also replace all the AC seals. Great people, great job.

Third is Houston Freightliner. It is an Oasis service shop and every year for the past 12 years I have taken our MH their for its annual physical.  The repair folks there go over it with a fine comb and if anything needs fixing they call and get the authorization. I just tell them "Fix it."