Sign in to follow this  
SergeantMajor

Which FMCA chapter to join?

My wife and I are FMCA members and are getting ready to live the full-time lifestyle sometime between Sep. 1st, 2010 and Jul. 1st, 2011. Since we will be living full-time on the road, is there a full-timer's chapter to join? I was born and raised in IL, my wife was born and raised in CA, we are both retired from CA, have our retirement LLC set-up in MT, and will have our residency set-up in TX via the Escapees RV Club. We do not plan to stay in any one area all that much so we are not sure how we could contribute much to a local chapter/club.

We plan on attending one or both FMCA International Rallies each year (if traveling in that part of the country), but are not sure what chapters would be good for us? Can we attend Chapter Rallies as a guest if we are not a chapter member?

Thanks for any suggestions that other full-timers are doing!

Sergeant Major

At the top of this page, click on "Chapters/Areas."

When that opens, go down and click "Area chapters."

Scroll over right and click on the Geographic area in which you have interest OR click on INTERNATIONAL.

No, International Area chapters are not overseas. They are chapters that are not geographically based. People from all over the North America with similar interests participate in those chapters.

Brett

Brett.

I appreciate the info. I have sent off for additional info on four (04) of the International chapters for full-timers.

Thanks,

Sergeant Major :rolleyes:

Sergeant Major:

Almost every Chapter will Welcome you as a Guest for a Rally. Don't be surprised if they convince you to become a member!

Check FMC magazine for the monthly calendar, often with Contact Info for reservations, etc.

A Chapter that was organized in Albuquerque may be of interest to you: Military Veterans.

Keep an eye out for other FMCA plates on other units when you are in campgrounds; they are part of your family!

Sergeant Major,

You are in for an adventure. We have been full-timing since 1998 -- when we were still working and are still going strong. To answer your question about a full-timing chapter, we do have one called the Full Timers. They always meet just prior to the FMCA conventions in the winter and summer. They are a diverse group and always looking for new members.

There is another group that may interest you called the 3Ts (To dump, To do laundry, and To relax). They meet after the FMCA conventions and have a rally to do just what their name implies. They also enjoy the fellowship of a laid-back rally after a busy convention. You can find contact information for these chapter in the chapter/areas section. If you would prefer a personal contact, let me know and I will ask the president of either chapter to get back to you.

As we travel we often run into chapters holding a rally at the campground where we are staying. Most recently we rallied with the Anazazi Chapter in Arizona. Had a great time and wish my putt-putt skills were better. The FMCA Calendar in our monthly magazine lists some chapter rallies as a way to invite other members to enjoy their fun and fellowship. If this appeals to you, please be sure to call the contact listed in advance to make sure they have room for another rig. Happy travels :rolleyes: