rayin

Open Cummins campaign

My engine is a 1999 ISC, when I visited the QuickServe website last night I discovered it may be covered by a current open campaign covering 3 different engines, the ISB, ISC, and ISL; this is for the Cummins air compressor front bushing.

This is a heads-up for owners of those engines to log-in to Cummins QuickServe and check for your engine by serial number.

I remember reading something about this several years ago, but didn't  give it much thought at the time. I only recently joined Cummins QuickServe, and this notice was there today. The header says 'Engine parts information- my engine serial # - ISC CM554. I plan to ask the shop owner what all that means when I go pickup my MH tomorrow. The campaign number is C0111, listed "open".

Perhaps this statement has something to do with my engine vs other engines: " The ISC engine has been produced with two brands of air compressors since its introduction in March, 1998."

reference: https://quickserve.cummins.com/service/toss/2000/05/iscts.htm

Cummins QuickServe is free to join,  requires your engine serial number and a few other specifics. If you order parts through the website(my original intent) you receive a 10% discount.

2 hours ago, RayIN said:

my engine serial # - ISC CM554

Rayin, that is not your serial number, that is the engine family in which yours was made.

6 minutes ago, jleamont said:

Rayin, that is not your serial number, that is the engine family in which yours was made.

I know, I didn't want to insert my engine #, that was supposed to be an example. I suspect it boils down to which brand air compressor was used on which engine.

1 hour ago, manholt said:

Ray, your engine # is not important...SS# maybe, Dog Tag # maybe.

I remember both!  You're right, engine # is a public thing, like VIN.

That reminds me, I created a document right after we bought our MH(took a few months) listing all the serial numbers for everything in/on our MH that has one, and I could find. Might be helpful if the MH is ever stolen or destroyed.