Lightnup

UPDATE Dresser edge trim? UPDATE

I found exactly what I needed at T-molding.com. 1-1/4” high t-molding that raises just above the flat surface to keep things from sliding off. Only .55/ft.

What is the trim on the edge of the dresser (circled in red) called and where would I find some?  Mine is cracked and/or broken in my 2000 Bounder 34D but none of my google searches have resulted in finding what I’m looking for. Thanks.

8D0FD96A-0CFB-4E18-BE01-A262636AD535.jpeg

71D2CB5C-C514-42D8-9FC0-31DB4860DD6E.jpeg

16F6F4B9-3926-4D94-BC89-6D91073A4504.jpeg

Edited by Lightnup
Update

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.rockler.com/plastic-t-molding-edging-3-4-wide-x-100-long?sid=V9146?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&gclid=CjwKCAiAuK3vBRBOEiwA1IMhukbzg3ApvIQjBMFM_wP0yGj53YUiH09rVVRATQjp1PPw2moY0pKaURoC_QkQAvD_BwE

Not sure if the box stores will have it. There are other varieties out there with slightly different mounting styles. Likely Rockler will have one that will be a direct replacement for what you have now, although the color may be off a little, especially if yours has faded at all from UV. Commonly used stuff in the furniture world.

6 minutes ago, richard5933 said:

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.rockler.com/plastic-t-molding-edging-3-4-wide-x-100-long?sid=V9146?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&gclid=CjwKCAiAuK3vBRBOEiwA1IMhukbzg3ApvIQjBMFM_wP0yGj53YUiH09rVVRATQjp1PPw2moY0pKaURoC_QkQAvD_BwE

Not sure if the box stores will have it. There are other varieties out there with slightly different mounting styles. Likely Rockler will have one that will be a direct replacement for what you have now, although the color may be off a little, especially if yours has faded at all from UV. Commonly used stuff in the furniture world.

Brilliant! Thanks Richard. I knew I came to the right place. 👍

4 hours ago, manholt said:

Looks like Corian to me.  

Not hardly, but a perfect time to replace with Corian or a scrap piece of granite or marble. Some but not all manufacturers use glue to make sure that edge molding stays in place, if yours did the material (pressed board) will give up when you pry the old edging off. If this happens, fill the old groove in with automotive bondo, there are  router bits available to regroove for the edge material. The new material comes in straight sticks, where the round corners are simply nibble several notches in the edge that goes back into the groove..

As shown by Richard there are a variety of molding for that application. 

If you are real handy you could replace the whole top as indicated with marble/granite/corian.  If it were me and I decided to replace the whole top it would be a quality piece of birch plywood stained and shellacked to match the decor surrounding it. Much cheaper and less weight. Of course, replacing the molding is the least weight. 

29 minutes ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

You  could take it to Texas Custom Coach. They can make it better than new.

Bill

That will be a expensive piece of trim.  

For a long list of reasons, I no longer use or recommend TCC anymore!

Motorhomes of Texas, is one of my choices now.   

After you take the counter top off, look closely on the bottom side. You will see very small staples going up holding the tongue in the groove. Real bear to get out. You may want to purchase a cheap air stapler for the new trim. I had to replace all the trim in my 95 Bounder.

Richard

Bill, it may be that you have to remove all staples that hold the one piece trim so you can replace the whole piece. That is what I would do rather then trying to do it from underneath. (I don't do too well looking up in confined spaces)

Herman

image.png.9471abf2d894204240eccb66d058b3c4.png

4 hours ago, RLS7201 said:

After you take the counter top off, look closely on the bottom side. You will see very small staples going up holding the tongue in the groove. Real bear to get out. You may want to purchase a cheap air stapler for the new trim. I had to replace all the trim in my 95 Bounder.

Richard

What richard linked-to is a press-fit, IF the groove is cut to width properly.

3 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

First of all why would you take the top off to replace the trim?

Bill

Bill, the trim wraps 360° around the counter and it is tongue and groove. Ya got to get it away from the wall to pull the trim out of the groove. Been there done that.

Richard

2 hours ago, RayIN said:

image.png.9471abf2d894204240eccb66d058b3c4.png

What richard linked-to is a press-fit, IF the groove is cut to width properly.

The toung (incert) is not on center and the pressfit is not tight enough to maintain the fit for very long.

I gussied up my ol Bounder with wood grain trim. It looks like this. Which I could remember the supplier.

9jdtFZKl.jpg

As said Particle Board wont hold too long. I can't remember who mentioned it but If it were me , I would take off the old top, go to a Granite, Marble or Corian shop and have one made from some sort of hard surface material. It may cost a bit more but I am willing to bet the DW would love it.

Most  shops have lots of drops that they would like to dispose of. They have cutouts from sinks that the customer paid for and I am sure they would like to sell material that is already paid for.

Herman