eckerman

RV entry locks

eckerman, Welcome to the Forum.

Are you speaking of your Dead Bolt? If you are talking about the dead bolt I am sure there is a push button make that will work. However check the length of the Bolt. Some are extended to allow the lock to be mounted a bit further from the edge.

I was looking to maybe replace the touch pad on my coach and it was very expensive and I already  had everything else.

Herman

I think this has been covered on this forum or iRV2 and consensus was it was more trouble than what it is worth, if at all if it could be done.  Someone will come up with some information.  My coach has a remote fob for locking and unlocking. It only works on the latch handle lock, not the dead bolt.

Mine is the same as yours Carl and Wayne. I will never use our deadbolt again.

Bobbie used to lock the D/B while we drove down the road. We stopped for fuel and the D/B would not unlock. Took what I could off from the inside to no avail. I had to crawl out the window. Someone asked me how I got out. I said that you go out feet first until your belly stops you and just as you get your belly over the window ledge you are on your but on the ground.:wub:

What I did was to pry back the door rubber molding and with a knife push to deadbolt back. On our coach the deadbolt is extended for extra length and the roll pin had broken. I fixed the D/B and never used it again.

Herman

13 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

I said that you go out feet first until your belly stops you and just as you get your belly over the window ledge you are on your but on the ground.:wub:

Great response :lol:

My key fob unlocks/locks both the locks on the door....and another click of the fob unlocks the basement locks.  We keep a spare set of keys in the toad (the door has separate keys), in case there is a problem with the fob.

If Linda is outside and the coach engine is running, she can open but not lock the bays with the fob...engine must be turned off to lock! Thankfully the fob does not work on DB. one set in toad, one in coach!

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, eckerman said:

Wanting to replace TriMark entry lock with a keypad type lock.

This is the source that I used to replace mine.  Email Jack@pacificrvparts.com

On 12/10/2019 at 7:33 AM, hermanmullins said:

Mine is the same as yours Carl and Wayne. I will never use our deadbolt again.

Bobbie used to lock the D/B while we drove down the road. We stopped for fuel and the D/B would not unlock. Took what I could off from the inside to no avail. I had to crawl out the window. Someone asked me how I got out. I said that you go out feet first until your belly stops you and just as you get your belly over the window ledge you are on your but on the ground.:wub:

What I did was to pry back the door rubber molding and with a knife push to deadbolt back. On our coach the deadbolt is extended for extra length and the roll pin had broken. I fixed the D/B and never used it again.

Herman

Okay, how did you squeeze your belly through the window, just curious.

In my MH I would have to go out the fire escape window. All of our windows are the little 6" high or so by inches long. No way to fit through.  You were lucky.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, FIVE said:

My key fob unlocks/locks both the locks on the door....and another click of the fob unlocks the basement locks.  We keep a spare set of keys in the toad (the door has separate keys), in case there is a problem with the fob.

We don't all expensive Eagles, hee hee! My fob will unlock the latch and the bays.

On 12/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, manholt said:

If Linda is outside and the coach engine is running, she can open but not lock the bays with the fob...engine must be turned off to lock! Thankfully the fob does not work on DB. one set in toad, one in coach!

If my engine is running I cannot unlock the bays. Never tried it with the door latch and engine running. I also have 3 sets of keys and one of those is a switchblade type key. Push the key button and the key opens up. The other two are regular keys and with my coach, one key opens all except the dead bolt. The push button on is the one I detach from the key ring (snap on) for ignition. The other two are on rings with one in my pocket at all times and one in Earlene's purse. She will sometime take them out and put them in the car. We wish we had a keypad but alas, no. Cheap, eh?

Oh, and the ignition key when we are parked at a CG goes in the cabinet next to the satellite antenna control box. Key down, satellite down, within reason. I also hang a red neck lanyard on the steering wheel. Before that lanyard is removed - Ant down, slides in, jacks up, light check performed, etc.

When our TriMark remote system died, Camping World replace it with the newer version. The new key fobs have the basement door button, however we have no electric compartment locks.

Wayne, after losing the TV antenna to tree limbs one time, DW bought me these steering wheel reminder slappers from rvminders.com. I think she also reminded me I'm old.

image.png.1d4f3f6540c508cc3ed66f456a7fe92c.png

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, manholt said:

CharlielAm, how much?  

Email Jack with your type and he can give you a quote...   If you wish to compare shop try this link.  https://www.google.com/search?q=TriMark+entry+lock+with+a+keypad+type+lock.&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS798US798&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwip5NvW37bmAhWi1FkKHcm_AMcQsxh6BAgMECw&biw=1366&bih=566#spf=1576381837993

On 12/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, manholt said:

Ray, I would never put that on  my steering wheel

I did until Linda lost interest, still have them underneath my driver seat JIC she inquires. Happy wife, great life.

CharlieIam.

Looked at them.  IMHO, it all depends on what kind of door you have.  Mine is air lock, like a airplane door, I will replace mine but I will go by the recommendation of builder.  Due to the home on wheels is a "rolling earthquake", I don't trust a deadbolt...I can't go out a window like Herman and walk away.  In a emergency? Yes & then to ER!

1 hour ago, manholt said:

I can't go out a window like Herman and walk away.  In a emergency? Yes & then to ER!

Carl I have to say that when I went out the window it was around 2008, 11 years ago and 11 years younger. I was only 71 and still full Pi** and vinegar, now 11 years later it is only Pi** and No vineger.

Herman 

A young flexible Loves guy went through the driver's window at the first fuel stop on the way home from purchase.  I went through once at the next fuel stop and again at the house during the unloading process after The Executive Department closed the door.  Not a lock problem -- a latch one.  Something out of adjustment and the outside latch release wouldn't release the latch.  Necessity is motivational.  Coach mechanic took the door apart from the inside and cured it. 

Mine's too old for a fob.

I have three sets of Coach keys.  One I leave on board; the other is in the car usually used to drive to the storage lot.  A third is with other household keys in a kitchen pantry.

Full set in toad, full toad set in coach, we each carry a fob for coach.  I used to have a magnetic key holder, it went from coach to coach for years...last seen in 1997. :ph34r: