bobbione

MICHELIN FMCA TIRE PROGRAM

Just curious , Anyone else having a problem getting through to Michelin credit card registration site?

Has anyone else used the Michelin Tire program with success in recent weeks?  I have called their credit card registration number about 10 times or more in the last two days. Three times I’ve been left on hold for over 30 minutes before being disconnected. If you press number to leave a message it takes you to their mailbox which it says you can’t leave a message because it’s full.

In total I’ve spent more than two hours trying to get through to them. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with their system or what but,I don’t know of any other way of contacting them other than by this phone # , and then they put you on hold.
I’ve given up trying to use this program and ordered the tires directly from a Michelin dealer. I actually get a person to talk to and make all my arrangements in less than five minutes.

This past August I used the FMCA Tire Discount program to purchase six new tires for my motorhome.  What I found is the FMCA discount a fairly small (10%) for Michelin and Continental tires.  However for Hankook tires, the FMCA discount is very substantial (47% discount!).    I only drive my motorhome ~4,000 miles per year thus I could not justify the much higher cost for Michelin and Continental tires and purchased the set of Hankook tires which are very good quality, very reliable tires!

If your annual mileage is low to moderate, take a look at Hankook tires and the big discount program FMCA has with Hankook.    For motorhome owners, tires will "age out" long before they "wear out" thus the cost for the expensive tire brands is difficult to justify.

For reference my motorhome has 275/70R22.5 size tires in all positions.   The FMCA discounted price for the Hankook AH37 tires I purchased was $365 each vs. the non-discounted price of $695 each.

2 hours ago, BOBBIONE said:

Has anyone else used the Michelin Tire program with success in recent weeks?  I have called their credit card registration number about 10 times or more in the last two days. Three times I’ve been left on hold for over 30 minutes before being disconnected. If you press number to leave a message it takes you to their mailbox which it says you can’t leave a message because it’s full.

Welcome to the forum. What number did you call? I just called and got right through. 

This is from the FMCA web site.

To pre-register your card, contact the Michelin Advantage Program at (888) 532-6435 (Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time and select option 1 from their menu). To register your card after hours, call Michelin at (800) 847-9855.

Did you call FMCA to see  if they could help you? (800) 543-3622 

Bill

1 hour ago, fagnaml said:

What I found is the FMCA discount a fairly small (10%) for Michelin and Continental tires. 

I did see the discount for Michelin was smaller. The discount for the 275/80R 22.5 Continentals  I bought was over $100.00 per tier cheaper than the discounted Michelin price. It always pays to shop around. 

I think OP called Michelin, not FMCA Fleet.  My BFG's, all 8, 315/80 was $5,600 balanced, mounted.  I hope these last longer than the Michelin's did (4  years 10 mos)!

2 hours ago, manholt said:

I think OP called Michelin, not FMCA Fleet.

Try re reading the post. NO one is talking about FMCA Fleet. Whatever that is.

Bill 

19 hours ago, fagnaml said:

If your annual mileage is low to moderate, take a look at Hankook tires and the big discount program FMCA has with Hankook.    

I'm not at all sure why you consider Hankook tires to be only for those who don't drive all that much.  Hankook tires are used all over the world in heavy trucks and autos. They simply aren't as well known in the US as Michelin.  Therefore, they don't command the premium (inflated) price of Michelin tires.  I now have six Hankooks on my MH and have driven over 65,000 miles in 9 years of full-timing.

FWIW I purchased my Hankook tires at a lower price than was available through FMCA.

doc I'm confused, when did you purchase the Hankook?  Before or after the Michelin's that you now have 65,000 miles on?

Bill, If you don't get it, I'm Sorry!

57 minutes ago, manholt said:

Please enlighten me! The OP couldn't get through to Michelin, I called and was able to get right through. Then I reposted the correct numbers to call just incase the OP needed them. So explain to me what I don't get! 

Bill

14 hours ago, manholt said:

doc I'm confused, when did you purchase the Hankook?  Before or after the Michelin's that you now have 65,000 miles on?

Sorry, that's what comes of writing posts late in the day.  The post has been edited to now read that I have 6 "Hankook" tires on my MH.  The  first two were installed ~4 years ago on the steer axle and the rear four were installed in early 2018.  The Hankooks on the steer axle resulted in a significant ride improvement and less road noise.

IMHO, Michelins are over rated and over priced.  Mine cracked at six years.  I  checked on replacement Michelins and was told they could not get my size (had two 315s but no six 295/80R22.5).  So  I put 315 Continentals on the front, using the FMCA tire program, and six Toyo 295/80R22.5 on the rear....cheaper than either the MIchelins or Continentals.

Spartan & Freightliner is in love with the 295/80 Michelin, they are on most of the 38'-43' & some 45' new coaches...buyer beware and look at all, DOT numbers!  

Bill, I sent you a PM.

20 hours ago, FIVE said:

IMHO, Michelins are over rated and over priced.  Mine cracked at six years.  I  checked on replacement Michelins and was told they could not get my size (had two 315s but no six 295/80R22.5).  So  I put 315 Continentals on the front, using the FMCA tire program, and six Toyo 295/80R22.5 on the rear....cheaper than either the MIchelins or Continentals.

Similar to FIVE, the OEM tires on my 2016 Ventana LE were Michelin XZE2+  that were manufactured in November 2015 and installed by Freightliner.   By July this year, two of the six tires had sidewall cracking which prompted me to purchase a entire set of new Hankook tires.

The previous owner kept the motorhome in covered storage until I purchased it last April.  Likewise, I keep the motorhome in covered storage.

Mike, if your floor is cement, put cardboard under tires.  Also use your Jacks to level coach, it does not hurt the jacks!

On 12/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, BOBBIONE said:

Just curious , Anyone else having a problem getting through to Michelin credit card registration site?

In total I’ve spent more than two hours trying to get through to them. I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with their system or what but,I don’t know of any other way of contacting them other than by this phone # , and then they put you on hold.
I’ve given up trying to use this program and ordered the tires directly from a Michelin dealer. I actually get a person to talk to and make all my arrangements in less than five minutes.

I got on the first time I tried, today.

13 hours ago, hollyafowler@yahoo.com said:

What kind of discount do they offer on the Toyos?

Welcome to the forum. 

It might be easier if you went and read how the process works and what was available.

I bought Continentals for my last coach and I think they are as good or better than most outher tires out there.

Bill

Toyos are not on the FMCA discount program....but they are a better, longer lasting tire than Michelin, and way cheaper...regardless of  discount.

Edited by five

FMCA used to have a disclaimer on their Michelin discount  page saying to check the price without going through the Michelin program vs using the program, as some dealers offered a better price so they didn't have to mess with the paperwork.

That disclaimer was removed several years ago for reasons unknown.