dfj1115

Battery maintainer replacement

14 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, OP said replacement...does that mean something else like the LE?  Or a LE that he has?

The link is the same unit he is currently using. Sounded like his in inoperative and needs a part. You could convert the system with something else but that would require some wiring alterations as the Monaco design covers all bases. 

There are a number of devices that will achieve the same goal (keeping the chassis battery charged when the coach is on 120 VAC).  Most are quite a lot less expensive.

14 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Mine cost $14.95 + tax at Wally World and has worked fine for about 4 year now. Comes on when I plug in or start the generator and off  when unplugged and gen.

Herman

What happened to the factory set up on your coach, not working? 

Coach.jpg

The BIRD  in the lower left of jleamont's picture is what controls charging both battery banks. That maintainer may work in conjunction with the BIRD.

3 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe, very tidy and clean, how many tooth brush heads a year?  You missed your calling, you'd make any DI proud.

Carl, that's old school Monaco attention to detail, I didn't organize it that way. I just wipe it out every so often to keep it clean. All of the electrical boxes are like that and every wire is labeled. That attention to detail sold us that coach, so much we bought a floor plan we didn't want :wacko:. Ironically we have learned to love it regardless of what we thought we had to have. 

On 12/15/2019 at 5:14 PM, dfj1115 said:

Looking for a replacement to my le 415 battery maintainer does anyone have any ideas 

Is this what you are looking for?

https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-rv-battery-maintainer-LE-415-p/le-415.htm

These units have large high current diodes inside that fail. I had one fail on a Gas unit and there was no way to stop the engine because of a 4th. wire on that unit. The unit pictured in the link would match The picture offered by Joe L.

Rich. 

22 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe, very tidy and clean, how many tooth brush heads a year?  You missed your calling, you'd make any DI proud.

Carl, if you enlarge the picture you can see some dust on one of the relays. Of course is may be a shadow.   :rolleyes:

Herman