Sign in to follow this  
brucebollert

Yellowstone CG suggestions-25ft w/o toad

Question

We are traveling to Yellowstone Sept 2020 for the first time.  We are driving a 25ft Forest River Sunseeker, MBS without a tow along.  We like campgrounds rather than RV parks.  In addition to seeing the sites we like hiking and bicycling.  There are four campgrounds that take RV's and reservations Canyon Village, Bridge Bay, Grant Village, and Madison Junction.  We are looking for the campground that is the most accessible to sites.  Is there any kind of transportation to get around the park, such as shuttle bus, without taking down camp and putting up again?     

5 answers to this question

It's been a long time since I had a coach small enough to park in a campground in Yellowstone.  I believe we stayed in Grant Village, 30 amp. Back then the coach was a 31 foot class A, 96" wide with no slides.  We used 2 Honda MoPed's, 80 cc to get around...you got bikes & I have been told, other means of transport is available.  With 10 million visitors a Summer, I suggest you reserve space now!

We will be there, next June for a week, but staying outside of Park & using toad.  

Where are you traveling from?

I don't think they have a shuttle bus like the Grand Canyon does. There are companies offering bus tours.

17 hours ago, brucebollert said:

there any kind of transportation to get around the park, such as shuttle bus, without taking down camp and putting up again?   

That is why I never travel anymore without  a toad. I feel that not having A toad to explore with cuts down to much on what you can do and see.

Bill