kampingkris

Sprint WIFI - Shows prior owner and is LOCKED!

I have sent you a message on here requesting your phone number you can also email it to me and I will have Brett with Tech Connect call you and get you up and running.

Thanks,

Jason Gabbard

Okay... up and running - under the prior owner's information. No way to change that or the password... Left a message with Brett..

hmm might be a good thing. Maybe they will be billed... Can't log into Sprint to change it's not in my name...

Boy this is fun...

Assuming you bought a used hotspot. Where did you get this? Didn't they do a factory reset on it before they sent it to you? If not, can't you do it? That should remove any information regarding the previous owner, unless it is still attached to the previous owners account. Do the Sprint hotspots work with a SIM card like the Verizon units? If so, perhaps that's where the previous owners information is attached.

You will not hear back from FMCA until Monday...I hope it's Monday, or it will be a week from then!  In the mean time, rack up a bill.

FIXED! FMCA emailed me directions to access the hotspot directly to make the changes. Easily done.

And yes, it's a "rental" hotspot apparently which is owned by FMCA. Not exactly clear on the website regarding any of the process (if indeed this is the process and not a mistake).

But all is well now. We'll see if Sprint is a good choice for our travels. 

6 hours ago, kampingkris said:

...And yes, it's a "rental" hotspot apparently which is owned by FMCA...

Rental or not, they should have done a factory reset before sending it out and then (if necessary) programmed it with your information. This is something good to keep in mind for anyone else that finds himself in your shoes.

I’ve got one been using about a year , mine works great I also have an art one and usually when one doesn’t work in an area the other does. But the sprint is pretty good for the price they charge