wtbbjb

Newmar Mountain Air Has the Shakes

Can this be real?  I honestly believed that Newmar made a quality product.  Today I looked at a 2007 Mountain Aire.  The shower enclosure shakes so bad when you open the door its like its going to fall down.  The one cabinet in the kitchen is held to the wall with a 2 by 4 bolted it appears through the cabinet to a stud behind.  When I took it for a test ride I kept looking in the mirror for parts that might have fallen off.  It was shake, rattle and roll inside while driving.  My 2007 Ford Itasca gasser doesn't make as much noise going down the road.  Is this normal for a Newmar?

1 hour ago, wtbbjb said:

Can this be real?  I honestly believed that Newmar made a quality product.  Today I looked at a 2007 Mountain Aire.  The shower enclosure shakes so bad when you open the door its like its going to fall down.  The one cabinet in the kitchen is held to the wall with a 2 by 4 bolted it appears through the cabinet to a stud behind.  When I took it for a test ride I kept looking in the mirror for parts that might have fallen off.  It was shake, rattle and roll inside while driving.  My 2007 Ford Itasca gasser doesn't make as much noise going down the road.  Is this normal for a Newmar?

Welcome to the forum. I would go look at anouther one. Where are you looking? 

Bill

Not common for that manufacturer. It sounds like you figured out why it’s for sale. Life of neglect and shoddy TLC are evident. 

Totally agree with above!  Newmar has always been about quality!  Go look at another one.

Also, Welcome to the Forum! :)

On 12/20/2019 at 8:09 PM, wtbbjb said:

I still want to know where this one is.^_^

Bill