Sign in to follow this  
thomasp

Emergency Road Service

We are looking at Good Sam, AAA, and Coach-Net emergency policies and are wondering what service would serve us the best for a 35-foot diesel motorhome. Or, do we really need such a policy in addition to our regular RV Good Sam insurance? Any responses pro or con regarding the service they provide would be appreciated.

Hi thomasp,

You'll need to read the contract and purchase the service that meets your requirements. All of them call the same tow truck vendors. There are subtle differences in the service contracts. An example is GS covers a tow due to an accident. CN has a convoluted customer pays, gets a denial from their insurance company and then sends all the documents to CN to determine if they will pay for the tow.

Understand your GS RV Insurance and determine it it meets your towing needs. You may need to call the company to understand what coverage is provided.

For me, ERS is needed. I would not leave home without it.

Guest Wayne77590

I don't understand Gary's response to Coach-Net. I have coach net. When I had a 5'er I had to use them when the TV was sitting in my brother's driveway and would not start. They were super. Said they would have someone contact me within 45 minutes. Called back twice to see if the tow had arrived. Tow truck arrived before the 45 minutes, towed me, and I never received the bill for it. I renewed when I bought the MH, and although I have not used it, I'm glad I have it.

Happy trails.

Hi Wayne,

I do not understand what you do not understand! :rolleyes: My post recommends the OP understand each contract. I provided an example of a difference between GS and CN in an accident situation. Your post provides an example of a situation not related to an accident. The situation mentioned in your post is handled the same way for GS and CN services.