nightcrawler

Electric furnace

If it's a Attwood, it runs and heats on gas..only elect involved is to start burning gas.  If it's a Aqua Hot, it will run on elect or diesel.

4 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

What electric furnace are you asking about? 

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

I think that there's also an LP version of the Aqua Hot system. http://www.aquahot.com/Products/RV/400P.aspx

Please provide more information (coach make/model as well as the furnace make/model) and it will be easier to give you some help.

It is a Coleman Mach in a Tiffin Phaeton

It is a Coleman Mach, in a Tiffin Phaeton

Isn't a Coleman Mach an a/c unit? Looks like they can be installed with a heat pump feature.

What year is your Tiffin?

I was looking at the manual for the 2015 model, and it looks like they came with heat pumps in the a/c units and an Aqua Hot unit. Not sure exactly what you have, but if it's like the 2015 then the system automatically turns on the Aqua Hot when the temperature inside is such that the heat pump won't be able to handle it on its own.

Hopefully someone with a Tiffin will join in and give you more specific info.

1 hour ago, richard5933 said:

I think that there's also an LP version of the Aqua Hot system. http://www.aquahot.com/Products/RV/400P.aspx

You are correct. A friend has a 2017 Entegria and is equipped with a propane Aqua Hot and he loves it. I contacted A/H and asked if there was a conversion kit from diesel to propane. ON DICE, you can change it our for a bit over $7,000.00 +. Maybe sometime way in the future.

Herman 

Helps us out, is this a rooftop or basement Coleman-Mach? What is the year and model of your Tiffin? Without specifics, you  will only receive general replies.

6 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

When using the electric furnace does the system also use some LP gas to operate?

Having read the outher responses, the heat pumps do not use propane.

Bill

Agree!  Don't know if Tiffin ever had a basement AC.  Several brands have both heat pump or heat strip on their roof top AC units...Never heard it being called a furnace before!