tireman9

Travel to the FMCA Convention: Tucson 2020

I will be offering two seminars on Tires in RV application plus two seminars on Genealogy.

Be sure to check the info in the convention program. You may also find the FMCA Convention App useful.

And helpful when you are planning which seminar to attend and where each will be held.

Driving this time.  Thanks for the offer of rides.

Thinking to arrive 23/24  Will be on the FMCA Convention APP. and can message there

Question on driving through Dallas with my Class-C.   Direct through on I30  or longer route I635 around?

I have no problem driving with traffic as go directly through Atlanta every trip to Perry.

If you are coming down from Akron and coming through Little Rock on I-30. I would just stay on I-30 all the way through both Dallas and Fort Worth. I-30 will merge with I-20 on the West side of Fort Worth. I-30 will end there. When getting into Dallas you will come to an area where I-30 goes one way, I-30 goes another way and I-35 gets into the mix. Just pay attention to the overhead signs and you should be alright.

If you need any RV spots along the way here are a few.

Weatherford, TX-- Oak Creek RV Resort right on I-20.

Abilene, TX -- Whistle Stop RV Park, on the left side of I-20

Van Horn, TX -- Wild West RV Park, on I-20 BZ

Deming, NM -- Dream Catcher RV Park (an Escapee Park $20/27 per night)

Hope this helps.

Herman

The time in March that we travel to AZ., we are 90% guaranteed to stay over in Deming, NM due to blowing dust storm!  Then 50 miles further west, you can run into snow, sleet and combo, between Lordsburg, NM and Benson, AZ.

When we went to Chandler we left Deming at 6 am because of the wind. We got through the area between Lordsburg NM and Wilcox AZ before the winds got up. Three friends of ours weren't as lucky. They were detoured up north which added about an extra hundred mile to their trip.

We plan on doing the same this year. We will leave no later than 6 am on the 20th.

Herman

We will be right behind you!  We're due in Tucson the 24th!  We got the packet in the mail, so no will call this time!!! LOL

On 2/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, tireman9 said:

Question on driving through Dallas with my Class-C.   Direct through on I30  or longer route I635 around?

I have no problem driving with traffic as go directly through Atlanta every trip to Perry.

I would recommend that when you enter on I-30 from the East that you take I- 635 South. I-635 will merge with I-20 west bound. This has less traffic and less construction. If you need a place to stay in the area I would look at https://www.cowtownrvpark.com/. Like driving in Atlanta I would recommend trying to do it at non rush hour times. 

Bill