Truenorth1

Macerator System

We have a diesel pusher which came with the standard black and gray water discharge hose and associated plumbing. I  modified the system to accept a Flojet macerator pump, hose and fittings. As it currently stands, I can switch back to the conventional discharge hose in a matter of minutes. My macerator system is set up with a 1" hose and fittings. Problem is, the primary hose I use is about 20 feet in length and the extension hose is approx. 10 feet in length. Many of the RV Parks we visit, have the sewer pipe installed  away from the water hook-up or electrical box. Our motorhome plumbing compartment is located midway along the coach, which means in many instances I have to join both hoses to reach the sewer. I would like to purchase a longer hose (about 50 feet), and would like to receive any suggestions on the best choice of hose to purchase, specifically, a 1" hose that will coil without having the strength of a gorilla to coil and store. I would prefer to keep the system with a 1" hose and avoid converting to 3/4".  Thanks for your replies. 

Truenorth1

Welcome to the  Forum. I know what you mean. A lot of the new hoses are very good and strong but at the same time some are so tough it's lit trying to roll up Rebar.:rolleyes:

You might look at Landscape companies. They may have longer length 1" hoses, hope fully of a less tough material. Another place comes to mind might be W.W. Granger the industrial supply house.

Good luck and again Welcome.

Herman

A bit off the subject, the one thing I find wrong with the light weight hose are the connections. They all seem to be made of light weight and very thin material. Drop it and it will dent and never seat again.

However  the heavier hose tend to have much better connections. But and a big but in cold weather they are like rolling up re-bar.

Now off the soap box. 

Herman 

Edited by hermanmullins

1 hour ago, manholt said:

How do you find club affiliation...SWG Chapter is no more!  Therefore I'm not a ND anymore!

Carl, try going into signature delete that and save it.

Bill

Carl, to edit your signature try this.

When on a topic go to the upper right corner of the page to your name.

Click on the down arrow and a menu will come up.

On the menu click on Account Sittings.

When Account Setting come up go to the left side and click Signature.

When your Signature comes up make your changes and Save.

That is how I corrected my Signature.

Herman