Sign in to follow this  
Lorinelowery

Cell phone boosters

Lorine.  Welcome to the Forum!  :)

We use Wilson on a collapsible pole mounted with suction cups.  When we are parked for more than a week, we use it & get an extra bar or two.  $289 

Lorine, they work! I use the Wilson Weboost 4G kit. You can buy Wilson off Amazon or direct from Wilson (www.wilsonsignalbooster.com).

I would reccomend you buy one and set it up without permanently mounting it to test it out. You can place the antenna outside and temporarily run the coax cable through a window or slide seal.  After testing it, you can mount it permanently.

There are several types/models of boosters. Some are only good while stationary, others are good going down the road.

Good luck!

we also us the WeBoost 4G set up.  In addition to the omnidirectional antenna we have the Yagi directional antenna on a push up pole attached to the rear ladder.  Most of the time the omni works fine, but at times we do need the Yagi to get a connection.

Ken

On 1/12/2020 at 6:31 AM, txtiger said:

Would a cell phone booster work attached to a flag pole?

I don't see why not. I have seen lots of them at different rallies and events. Some have a dedicated poll and some top of their flag pole attached to the ladder.

Bill

I tried several cheaper units, then I tried one of these,

https://www.amazon.com/SureCall-Fusion4Home-Signal-Booster-Carriers/dp/B01AWGY4TE/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=cell+phone+booster&qid=1582492598&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNzNHNEJJWEE3Mk9SJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTc5MDMyMUlBUUpBNkNYRzFHViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjQ3OTgwMkY5NFpMWkVKUVZFUCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Now I have one for my house and my wife's house also.

the hardest part with this system is keeping the receive antenna ( outside ) from seeing or feeding back into the transmit antenna ( inside ).

On my bus, 45 feet, the entire roof is a sheet of 16G steel, I have mounted the outside antenna at the front of the coach and the other antenna in the back, this is the only way I could get this cell phone amplifier to work effectively.

it works on all cell phone carriers