pann25

Looking for a driver

I am the owner of a1999 American Heritage motorcoach, 45'. It is currently being stored in Pennsylvania not far from Philadelphia. I am looking for someone who could drive it for me from PA to the Atlanta area. Anyone know of someone or have any suggestions as how too go about doing this? I appreciate any help you can give me!!

pann25.  Welcome to the Forum!

I would call a Tour Bus company in your area for info.  Professional Driver, Insured and Bonded...Like a new coach delivery, they can't use your coach facility's. You got to pay for the Service, Fuel, Motel & Food, also you need an add on "Rider" to your Insurance.   Service alone, about $1.80-$2.20 per mile & Air fare back.

Why not do it your self & fly back?

An RV MH dealership would have a list of bonded, insured drivers too. IMO getting anyone else to drive your MH is a big gamble.

When your MH is somewhere between point A and point B and you have no idea where, that can be a bit stressful. I know.

5 hours ago, DBenoit said:

When your MH is somewhere between point A and point B and you have no idea where, that can be a bit stressful. I know.

We nominate you to be the forum expert on that.:P

Bill

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.  I'm glad to know that what I'm looking for is referred to as "a driveaway".  At this point I'm still trying to decide what to do.... right now my coach is in indoor heated storage.

I had my Phaeton 40 QTH driven up from Atlanta to Harrisburg by Marshall Mitchell - 256 777 1461. He also drove up 3 months prior to drive my Winnebago back to Atlanta. I think he charged me $1.50 per mile. He used his own toad and tow bar.