khsmile

Looking to upgrade

Khsmile, Welcome to the FMCA Forums! 

I have nothing on this manufacture to share, hoping someone else might be able to chime in. 

1 hour ago, Khsmile said:

Considering a 2018 Nexus Bentley diesel pusher.  Its a new company, don't know anything about them.  Any information would be helpful

Welcome to the forum. Not familiar with that company. What other makers have you looked at? I would do some searches looking for complaints/problems linked to this manufacture. True all companies will have people who complain, but it might provide some insight.

Bill

I just did a quick peruse of the internet for this brand/model. Not much to find. The only conclusion I came away with is the engine; none state the engine model, only the HP. That IMO means it is a Cummins ISB 360 HP. Usually adds state the engine is an ISL, ISM, etc., because they have more torque, even with the same HP as the ISB engine.

UPDATE: Yes it is the Cummins ISB medium-duty engine: https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/tampa-fl/class-a/nexus-bentley-21019093

The general rule-of-thumb for minimum HP is, one HP for each 100# of coach weight. This coach appears to meet that "rule".

The only actual owner experience I read was found here, and was skimpy at best. Comment #11 there seemed to  say a lot between the lines.

I seem to remember a NEXUS Bentley, class A, DP, back about 8 or 10 years ago.  Like the Entegra, they where bragging about the ride, comfort, quiet, like the car it was named for!  I think the model was made for a couple of years.  Then it was dropped & now is back.

Just did some checking...NeXus, came out in 2010, it was sold off to Spartan Motors in Jan of 2019, then most of the Stock was acquired by Lerner Ind. in Sep 2019!  The name change from NeXus to Nexus happened after 2017...The Bentley comes in 2 models, 34' and 38', Spartan K1 chassis, Cummins 360, Allison 3000, FIS.