rpstewart

Looking for recommendations on RV parks in Flordia

I am looking for recommendations for a nice RV park on good fishing lake in Flordia, where sites are on the waters edge and that has good accommodations also.

Check the many RV parks around Lake Okeechobee, I think the earthen levees around the lake are owned by the state though, so not right on the water's edge. Which might be a good thing with the abundant alligator population.

We stayed at Clewiston one winter, the RV park(now a KOA) has a fish-cleaning station. Nearby are the boat docks.

I do see RV parks adds saying they have a free fishing lake, I assume they are fished-out most of the peak months, or have a catch and release program.

42 minutes ago, RayIN said:

Check the many RV parks around Lake Okeechobee, I think the earthen levees around the lake are owned by the state though, so not right on the water's edge. Which might be a good thing with the abundant alligator population.

We stayed at Clewiston one winter, the RV park(now a KOA) has a fish-cleaning station. Nearby are the boat docks.

I do see RV parks adds saying they have a free fishing lake, I assume they are fished-out most of the peak months, or have a catch and release program.

Thanks for the info, will have to check it out. My experience with the free fishing lakes are that they have a small pond and catch and release policy.