rgarlits

Hello from Ohio

Hello from Waverly, Ohio. Bob & Lenna Garlits. Retired from USAF (Bob) and the Ohio Education Association (OEA) Lenna. We've been RVing now for about 12 years. RVs in order we bought them: 5th wheel, travel trailer, Class B van, Class C 32 ft Sunseeker and 26' Forest River Sunseeker 2370 TS diesel. We love local camping in the summer and the Gulf Coast, Mississippi or Alabama in the winter. Two dogs: Bella 70 lbs and Maggie 28 lbs. Had a nice trip to the Grand Canyon and New Mexico when we had our Class B Travato 59K van. Just a couple of old farts trying to enjoy life. Plan on taking off for Mississippi soon. Glad to be a part of FMCA.

Sunseeker 2370 TS.jpg

Story: I was in VN and my oldest was in 1st grade. Spent the first half of the school year here then went to Central Mass. for the remaining school year.  One day he came home just a cryin' to beat the storm. My wife asked what was wrong and he said the the teach put a pointed cap on him, sat him in a corner and all the children were laughing and the teacher called him a dunce. My wife asked him what he did wrong and he said, "I call her Ma'am. "   She marched down to the school and confronted the teach and gave her the what-for-all on Southern upbringing and if he had not call her Ma"am or a man Sir he would have been in more trouble than sitting in a corner. An understanding was made and it was explained to the other 1st graders the next day. End story.

Dunce! Think not. Retired Colonel and a Lawyer.

21 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Story: I was in VN and my oldest was in 1st grade. Spent the first half of the school year here then went to Central Mass. for the remaining school year.  One day he came home just a cryin' to beat the storm. My wife asked what was wrong and he said the the teach put a pointed cap on him, sat him in a corner and all the children were laughing and the teacher called him a dunce. My wife asked him what he did wrong and he said, "I call her Ma'am. "   She marched down to the school and confronted the teach and gave her the what-for-all on Southern upbringing and if he had not call her Ma"am or a man Sir he would have been in more trouble than sitting in a corner. An understanding was made and it was explained to the other 1st graders the next day. End story.

Dunce! Think not. Retired Colonel and a Lawyer.

Great story there, sir! :D

Grown up with grandpa here.

DarrenDM, where is/was here?  For 10 years of my life, I grew up in a Consulate, in Oslo, Norway.  2 years as a 90 day wonder in VN 1962/3!  :ph34r:

Wayne, when was the last time you, as a non com was called Sir?  Hope your older than  Darren. 😂 We know Herman qualifies, he's older than dirt. LOL...Sorry Herman, devil made me say it. :o:D

On 1/28/2021 at 10:38 PM, manholt said:

DarrenDM, where is/was here?  For 10 years of my life, I grew up in a Consulate, in Oslo, Norway.  2 years as a 90 day wonder in VN 1962/3!  :ph34r:

Wayne, when was the last time you, as a non com was called Sir?  Hope your older than  Darren. 😂 We know Herman qualifies, he's older than dirt. LOL...Sorry Herman, devil made me say it. :o:D

He lived in Hinesville, GA. He was a loving but a very strict grand father.