rayin

Is this a good buy for my house battery bank?

7 hours ago, RayIN said:

Well, I was misled by the Exide advertising, the FBA_XMC 31 AGM battery is actually 100AH, not 200, according to this marine battery review website.

This put me back into the decision making mode. Now I must decide between that Exide and the U.S. Battery 232AH 6V battery.

So, I'll spend time recalculating the money angle again.

Do you spend time boondocking where you would need the extra reserve? 

9 hours ago, jleamont said:

Do you spend time boondocking where you would need the extra reserve? 

No, not usually. DW is getting better and talks about traveling again. I'm preparing for dry camping, if required by her medical needs that has been preventing her from traveling.  I can always run the genset all night when necessary.

23 minutes ago, RayIN said:

I'm preparing for dry camping,

Gotcha, that makes sense for the post. More AH the better. 

We typically run the generator as we are usually in a hot climate and need the AC. DW sleeps better with white noise, so at a minimum the rooftop fans come in handy for us. 

Glad to hear she is doing better! 

After doing more research on the exide battery, the 200 is referring to 200 minutes of continuous use @ 25 amps, pretty misleading representation, agreed.

Concluding this thread, we bought the 12V deep-cycle marine batteries. DW said she has no interest in any dry camping, and if it cannot be avoided, she wants to run the genset when anything more than making coffee or nuking a frozen sandwich is required.

I thank everyone for their advice, opinions, and knowledge they shared with me.