sgtjoe

Inverter Died

My 2010 coach is all elect.  Yet I have a lot of the same systems and 2004-06 motors that Ray has! As he & I have found out, are out of date!

I have the Magnum 2812 (2800W) times 2.  MSW that runs everything in coach, including power day/night roller shades, residential fridge, stack washer/dryer, dishwasher, convection/microwave, 50" Vizio TV, Bluetooth, etc.  

3 hours ago, manholt said:

My 2010 coach is all elect.  Yet I have a lot of the same systems and 2004-06 motors that Ray has! As he & I have found out, are out of date!

I have the Magnum 2812 (2800W) times 2.  MSW that runs everything in coach, including power day/night roller shades, residential fridge, stack washer/dryer, dishwasher, convection/microwave, 50" Vizio TV, Bluetooth, etc.  

What item on your list is 120v and 12v?  

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.  My new one will be here Tuesday.  Same as before after having discussions with a few RV Techs.

HuffyPuff/Ray, Look at a Xantrex 2012(2000w) PSW inverter,it is around $1,200 on ebay. The Xantrex 3012(3000w) is around $1,300 on  Amazon.

Mine is the OEM RS2000 PSW inverter, 20 yrs and still going strong. Plus, it is easy to rewire, just download the installation manual from the Xantrex website.

1 hour ago, RayIN said:

HuffyPuff/Ray, Look at a Xantrex 2012(2000w) PSW inverter,it is around $1,200 on ebay. The Xantrex 3012(3000w) is around $1,300 on  Amazon.

Mine is the OEM RS2000 PSW inverter, 20 yrs and still going strong. Plus, it is easy to rewire, just download the installation manual from the Xantrex website.

That means I saved almost $400 last summer and I used the saving to install autostart with cash to spare.  😎

22 hours ago, huffypuff said:

We can upgrade our older coach but never be a new modern one so why put in a item that in don't need?

That is the ONLY reason I would update ours to PSW should the MSW unit fail. The refrigerator works fine on the MSW and electronics are changing daily and we haven't had a need for PSW yet, but I am sure the day will come where I will say "should have upgraded that inverter, just start the generator so you can use .......!"

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

That is the ONLY reason I would update ours to PSW should the MSW unit fail. The refrigerator works fine on the MSW and electronics are changing daily and we haven't had a need for PSW yet, but I am sure the day will come where I will say "should have upgraded that inverter, just start the generator so you can use .......!"

Also for the PSW to work you may have to upgrade the RC50 as it may not have the right programming in it.  May be better to go with ARC50 if you want to install auto gen start later.  

2 hours ago, huffypuff said:

Also for the PSW to work you may have to upgrade the RC50 as it may not have the right programming in it.  May be better to go with ARC50 if you want to install auto gen start later.  

Xantrex told me that I would need to replace the RC7GS controller with the new and improved one if I decide to upgrade the unit. We currently have auto Generator start. Great little option to have.

7 hours ago, jleamont said:

Xantrex told me that I would need to replace the RC7GS controller with the new and improved one if I decide to upgrade the unit. We currently have auto Generator start. Great little option to have.

I don't know if it's a stand alone or network version you have but mine requires the RCS50 control panel and ME-AGS auto start network module.  Then everything programs from control panel.  It all depends where the auto start module is weather or not it will be easy to wire.