rfsod48

Texas Costal Bend

Question

I am happy to report that the costal bend area (Fulton, Rockport, Port Aransas and Corpus Christi) has really come back from hurricane Harvey. The improvements from last year are amazing! Great area for us winter Texans, good food, great people and plenty to do. Building continues at a good pace.

9 answers to this question

We are at Aransas Pass. After working with Progressive claims people they ask me to wait until we returned to Michigan, so I will take coach to Indiana when we return home. There are of course several shops there that only deal with MH. Mike’s Custom Painting is one that I have heard good reports about. If you know of others let me know. 

Roland

Can't recommend anyone with in 100 miles of you! 

We will be back at camp in about 2 weeks, that's a little over an hour from the Pass...are you at Pioneer? 

This thread is a bit old, but wanted to add that the wife and I spent last week (8/31 - 9/4/20) at Gulf Waters Beach Front RV Resort on Mustang Island near Port Aransas for our 40th wedding anniversary trip (which was supposed to be in New York City except Covid-19 screwed up those plans as it has so many other plans!).    We haven't been to Gulf Waters since before Hurricane Harvey which caused significant damage to most of the Coastal Bend area.   Gulf Waters and a vast majority of Port Aransas is fully recovered from Harvey.  Dining at Port A restaurants and shopping at specialty shops was very enjoyable as there were very few visitors (it was the first week of school for many areas of south/southeast Texas).   The beach was nice and gulf waters were warm. 

The Gulf Waters RV Resort was fantastic especially along "motorhome row" on the resort's big pond -- big, wide spaces with nice amenities provided by owners of those spaces.   The nightly price is a bit steep but this RV Resort tops the list of resorts for my wife the "resort snob".    Here is a link to the Gulf Waters RV Resort website --> https://gulfwatersrvresorttx.com/