mike2wheels

Replacement parking brake valve

18 hours ago, jleamont said:

Wayne, air drum brakes for my comment above, air disc there is a good chance they will lock. 

14 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Yes on discs.

4 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Wayne,

Disk brakes on the rear (park brake is on the rear axle or driveshaft, not front)?

I was replying to Joe's comment. Are there any MH's with rear disc brakes? I thought I had heard that some models do, but then thought only thought he did.

Yes, Foretravel has had 4 wheel air disk brakes for decades, along with transmission retarders.

They share a lot of components with emergency equipment like fire trucks.

Many of us have experienced this. Simple solution is to rebuild or have the valve rebuilt. You can watch videos on youtube to see how this is done, or most large truck repair shops can take care of this for you.

Put soapy water on your brake air lines and joints...have someone release the PB, where you see bubbles, that's your leak.

13 hours ago, manholt said:

Put soapy water on your brake air lines and joints...have someone release the PB, where you see bubbles, that's your leak.

We use the kids Bubble mix to find the air leaks. 

Works  grate in a spray bottle, the size of the bubbles is helpful  gauge regarding the size of the leak. A fine foam =s a small leak and the larger the bubbles, the bigger the leak ! 

Rich.