frenchie

Cummins Emission Recall

Seems Cummins has a recent recall campaign that isn't getting a lot of attention.  "Recall" is a Federal compliance recall number C2112 dated March 19, 2019 for some ISL 9/10 engines.   Two used coaches I checked on, a 2012 Allegro Bus 40 QSH  and (the one I just purchased) a 2011 Allegro Bus 43QBH both are covered. The dealers claimed no knowledge of the recall.

Am I ever glad I did my own recall check by  running the engine and transmission serial numbers by manufactures.  Seems you cannot rely of the chassis builder to get serial numbers back to them. 

Anyway my Bus is at Cummins for the recall work.  Takes about a week to complete due to lead times for parts.  Seems this involves replacing some very expensive emission system parts.  Cummins picks up the cost.....about $2000.00.

Don't quote me on this,  but I asked Cummins what years are covered by the recall.  They were a bit vague, 2010, 2011, 2012  ish...Suggest folks give  Cummins Customer Care 800-286-6467 a call with their ENGINE SERIAL NUMBER.

When I checked my engine on the Cummins website, it had a C2113 recall dated June, 2019.  I called Cummins, and they said it was the same as C2112.

I too am having that recall work done at a Freightliner "Oasis"  in Oak Creek WI.  I just bought a 2015 Tuscany XTE 40 AX.  Does anyone have information on either  the performance after the recall is completed or the Freightliner  Truck Country of Wisconsin shop's quality of work??

17 hours ago, Domer said:

I just bought a 2015 Tuscany XTE 40 AX. 

Congratulations on the new coach. No experience with that dealer. Please keep us informed. What exactly are they doing?

Bill

I really need to know if anyone can tell me the extent or tasks necessary to complete this recall.  I had mine done by the freightliner Oasis Dealer in Sacramento CA, and within 15 miles the coach went into 'limp' mode (max 5MPH) so had it towed back to freightliner, they said turbo and actuator was blown and 'that is common for that engine'  They quoted me 8K+ for the repairs.  I had it towed to a different shop and they said that the 'hose' from the catalytic converter to the turbo was disconnected and by hooking it back up, the coach is fine.  Freightliner said they didnt touch that hose so now trying to see if there is an actual connection between the recall tasks and the turbo.  Thanks to anyone that can provide insights