dbenoit

Cabin Fever "2020"

On 2/10/2020 at 11:24 AM, DBenoit said:

Every time I walk by the MH I see the sticker on the door that states:

"This unit has been winterized"

Forest River put it on when they took it.

Think I'll take it off as it aggravates the @#$% out of me. That's what Cabin Fever does.

Yea, I know. Every time I took our MH back to Camping World for things they agreed to fix at purchase, it had window marker and stickers when I got it back.

Virtually all RV dealers use that sticker from November on. With many employees, memory or word of mouth is insufficient.

Goop is great from removing adhesive/grease residue from gel-coat.

1 hour ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

Me to! Also on the wish list is a couple warm dry days to get everything moved.:D

Bill

Warm days???, In the morning wind chill will be -10° here, 4°actual. Rained yesterday - snowed last night. 76° in front of the computer.

BTW, I have a win percentage of 86% at Spades, 80% at Hearts. Cabin fever, nah.

Ray I hear you. We have had a string of wet cool 40 degree days. I want it to be warm enough I can move stuff and not have to be wearing a coat.;) Expecting 63 Sat. 72 Sunday.

Want to come down  and help me move?

Bill

72 here today...yikes. That can only mean a blizzard later in the month.......

After a sunday ride I am so ready. 

Bill.

You need to build a barn for your "New to you" coach!  Before we took our rigs to MOT, we emptied both in barn.  Then when we got back with our "New to us coach", it went into barn and got loaded, wind, rain & cold, only affected us between barn & house or cars.  Monday & Tuesday I had Doctor appointments, this am I have another Doctor and then we leave for Tucson!  When are you leaving for Tucson?

DB.

Yesterday and the next week, will be in the 70/80 for most of Texas, with rain...no big deal.

Wayne & DB,

na-na-naa,:D coach is out, I polished it this week (takes several days to do it and guaranteed to rain), loaded, fueled up and ready to hit the road tomorrow for about 6 weeks. 

Bobbie and I really ready to hit the road.

Wayne do everything the doctor tells you to and you should be good to go.

Herman

9 minutes ago, manholt said:

Before we took our rigs to MOT, we emptied both in barn. 

How much from the two coaches will be going into the King Aire? 

Now is the time when you look and say, "what did I ever need this and that for?".  However for every thing we remove we find something to replace it.:wacko:

Herman

About 20% went back in coach and about 50% in bays!  Our cloths closet in house, runnet over!  Now need more closet space or about 3,000# donation to Salvation Army, I like the SA they are non profit...Goodwill is a private for profit company!

Just an aside for Herman, thanks for the info. I have had both ACLs reconstructed, both rotator cuffs repaired, right knee replaced and now left knee replaced. It does get me through screen faster. I point to my knees and tell the wand screener "Metal," and he waves me over and I'm through.

So here is a story Herman. Two week follow up with Dr. Earlene comes into room with me and Dr. is going over the xrays. Earlene pipes up, "You know doctor, he's not doing his exercises at home!"  She was waiting for him to admonish me. Instead!

He replies, "Oh, I'm not worried about him, y'all go on trips walk around etc., he'll be fine."

Na na na na Nah Na! Backfired on her.

DB, I really have cabin fever waiting for the end of PT, sticking around 3 day s a week going to PT and ruining the day. It will pass, so when you get on the road I'll meet you in San Antonio.

2 hours ago, manholt said:

When are you leaving for Tucson?

The plan is to head for Midland Odessa on the 3/17.

I agree a barn would be nice.

Bill

San Antonio?? What's that? J/K I would love to take a cruise to the lone star. That's a few years away, I think.

David

It will never be finished. Like I-45 South of Houston. Engineers and workers have retired from their jobs after spending 20+ years on that stretch of highway. it is under a major change right now.

Wayne, I know what you mean. I traveled I-45 between Dallas and Houston for over 40 year. There was never a time that there wasn't construction on the road. It will never be finished until they develop Transporters like they had in Star Trek.:rolleyes:

Herman

Don't get me started.  We live in the country, like Herman...others want what we have, but their afraid to live alone, so they build big sub Divisions, require bigger roads, shopping centers, etc...SHEEP !!!

Snow storm last night. 6" of wet snow. Just when you get used to the nice temps. whammy!

Mother Nature reminder that it is still March! She sayin get back into that cabin.

Yes, it came by here first, no SNOW, but left 4.1" of rain in the gauge, then 3 days of pea soup fog & drizzle!

On 3/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, manholt said:

Don't get me started.  We live in the country, like Herman...others want what we have, but their afraid to live alone, so they build big sub Divisions, require bigger roads, shopping centers, etc...SHEEP !!!

I used to live in the country, but every year the city gets closer and closer. Some think my land is a big park, no trespassing signs are targets, etc. Wonder if I can buy a herd of junk-yard dogs and put an electric fence under the barbed wire fence to keep dogs in?(not really, just thinking out loud)

I like your thinking!  I would suggest pig wire fence, not electric.  No dogs needed, just sign's and a barking recording that comes on sporadically for a few minute's.  We have both real and fake cameras with a smiley face.  Some sign's in back of property, that say's "You can't out run the Bull" in 2 languages!  One at the second gate, that say's "Your in range"!