GLANG11082

Price Increase

4 hours ago, GLANG11082 said:

I will not be renewing my membership or  Roadside assistance due to the hugh increase  in price. Any opinions on this issue?

Qurious minds want to know. What huge increase in price? Do you know the average price of a basic service call?  Happy for you being able to self insure.

Bill

Glad it took you 5 years too come to a decision...Now, please enlighten me on what has not gone up in cost, over the past 5 years of your membership? :blink:

I have to say I'm a little surprised by the reaction to the increase. Yes, it was a pretty substantial jump, but then compared to what we have invested in RV's and the associated maintenance, upkeep, etc....it's surprising the reaction. Guys with $400K rigs whining about what amounts to $13.25/mo? Seriously? There are complaints like that all over various forums.

I’m upset at the increase of fuel cost, I’m no longer going to buy fuel

Im upset at the increase of health insurance, I’m no longer going to buy insurance. 

I’m upset at the cost of campground fees, I’m no longer going to camp, I’ll just park my rig in one place  

Etc, etc etc  

On 2/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, FIVE said:

FMCA's ERS is $74 a year, you won't find any cheaper.

The email I received recently said that the cost was going up to $159 ... puts it right where CoachNet sits.

7 minutes ago, ahepburn51 said:

The email I received recently said that the cost was going up to $159 ... puts it right where CoachNet sits.

The first year with Coach-Net is $249.  However, renewals are much less.  The current annual renewal rate for Coach-Net is $169, but I have always received a discount for early renewal payment.  In the past, I have paid as low as $139 for renewal.

That makes FMCA  RSA a lot cheaper! 😀

I do not think we will hear back from OP...he had a knee jerk reaction and knows it..:P

15 hours ago, bm02tj said:

I just renewed with GS  $249.00 for two years 

The math comes out to $10 and some change a month.  Not bad.

FMCA Roadside Assistance (RSA) did increase to $160 per year on February 1 which is similar pricing to RSA from Good Sams and others.   Knowing the price increase was coming, on January 30 I purchased two years of FMCA RSA for $74/year even though I have about one month remaining for my current Good Sam RSA coverage.

23 hours ago, ahepburn51 said:

Could be, all I can tell you is that I paid  $222 last month for three years.  Maybe that's why the lady to whom I was talking said I made a "good decision."

Linda renewed her's & now I'm on it, for the next 3 years..GS.  She had enough points on her GS Visa to cover it. :P

Well, I'm going to agree with the OP - I think the price increase was  excessive, obscene, and yes  . . . huge. I've had it with Good Sam and with FMCA, more an insurance policy than anything else because I've never used it. Was going to renew, but now I don't know. Too expensive/

24 minutes ago, dtbrimhall said:

....I think the price increase was  excessive, obscene....

You'll think it's chump change if you have a blowout or break down on the road.