Sign in to follow this  
riarickncisco

Electrical question: 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D

I have a 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D.  Both of the 12 VDC auxiliary outlets (old cigarette lighter type fittings) on the bottom of the center console no longer are powered.  I had to repair the mounting plate for one so disconnected the two cable connections.  Fixed the mounting plate and reinstalled the cables.  Now neither has power to them. Checked the input cables with a multi-meter to verify no DC power.  So now I am searching for the fuse box. Any help out there?

You're asking for a lot while not giving us a clue as to what RV (I'm guessing it's an RV) you're having a problem with.  Many of us put that information in our signature but at least tell us what it is you're having trouble with and I'm sure you'll get a helpful answer.  Year, Brand, Model??

Any other DC powered systems not working?  You might have tripped the "Sales Man" Switch!  Mine is a toggle switch, just inside door on Co-Pilot side.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:30 PM, RiaRicknCisco said:

I have a 2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D.  Both of the 12 VDC auxiliary outlets (old cigarette lighter type fittings) on the bottom of the center console no longer are powered.  I had to repair the mounting plate for one so disconnected the two cable connections.  Fixed the mounting plate and reinstalled the cables.  Now neither has power to them. Checked the input cables with a multi-meter to verify no DC power.  So now I am searching for the fuse box. Any help out there?

There are 6 large fuses in a second fuse box in some cases. 5- 20 amp and 1-30 amp that powers the heater blower.

3 of the 20 amp fuse power the Coach builder circuits for the outlets you mentioned. Plus the power steps and the ignition circuit.

Should your coach have a single fuse box? the fuses might be labeled Number  18 = brake lights. 20= Heater blower, 19= Horn / Dimmer relay, 22= ACC / could include an outlet and 21= ign , but if the engine starts, that would kind of eliminate this one.

Best I can do with the information offered. and things do and can change for each model. One thing you can take to the bank is the cigar outlets are powered by 20 amp fuses

Rich.

2 hours ago, RiaRicknCisco said:

Thanks Rich.  I managed to get copies of the electrical schematics for my coach which show a fuse box in the circuit breaker panel but it is unlabeled.  Next call is to Fleetwood. 

You might want to contact Freightliner for PDF copy's of The chassis electrical wiring. Thy do not always offer the best information on what fuses go where in a simple drawing, but you can trace  the circuits if needed and where they run. allot of spaghetti to most owners. Not knowing what your back ground is or skill areas.Having them on file might come in real handy while on the road sometime.

You will need the last 7 letters and numbers for then to cross the files that match up to your chassis. Most of the fuse box's for the chassis wiring are mounted under the dash or in the last bay in the rear for the fuse and relays for the turn-signal, brake, and wiring that connect to the 7 pin connection for the toad you are towing. 

Fleetwood does all the house wiring ,plumbing and heating systems.

Rich.

7 hours ago, RiaRicknCisco said:

Found it hiding behind a monitor for the towed.  All good.

Good Job, as mentioned ! Sometime maybe you can send me a PM with a little more information on you back ground.

Not familiar with all the different cab layouts. Sometimes a little info goes a long way.

Rich. 

A tone generator and probe, and learn how to use it  is one of the best investments one can make for these situations.

https://www.amazon.com/Finder-Generator-Tracer-Tracker-Network/dp/B072ZRVS47/ref=asc_df_B072ZRVS47/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312240492844&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11388177951697174524&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012455&hvtargid=pla-570294638076&psc=1
 This reference is only to show what it is, can be purchased from many sources.