Mdavis3310

Brakes Sticking on 2001 Monaco Knight

My 2001 Monaco Knight have had sticking brake problems since I purchased it new in 2002. I recently had a complete brake job and made a 500 mile trip with no issues. Returned home and because of illness, vehicle was stored for five months. I carried it out recently and after 25 miles driver side front brake started sticking. Any ideas out there on how to remedy this problem. 

Fixed caliper disk brakes (pistons on both sides of caliper) or sliding caliper (pistons on only one side of caliper)?

Causes of brakes sticking are very much dependent on their design.

Also, check if these are Bosch calipers.  And if so do they have phenolic pistons which were known to seize in their bore?

And, please verify that it is AIR over hydraulic, not HYDRAULIC over hydraulic.

Hydraulic hoses to the brakes have been know to fail internally while appearing fine on the outside. This causes fluid return problems when you release the brakes. It will not break the bank to replace them all given the chassis age.While you are there, flush and replace the brake fluid. Some auto mfgrs recommend fluid change at 3 yr intervals, as brake fluid is hygroscopic(readily absorbs water).

21 hours ago, RayIN said:

Hydraulic hoses to the brakes have been know to fail internally while appearing fine on the outside. This causes fluid return problems when you release the brakes. It will not break the bank to replace them all given the chassis age

Been through this same situation with a friends motorhome. His was so bad that he kept replacing pads every 1000 miles. We replaced all brake hoses on all four locations and no more problems since.

Yes, we have mentioned a number of possible causes for brakes pads sticking/not retracting.

BUT (yes, large BUT) only a complete brake inspection can identify the root cause.

At this point, we don't know if these are fixed or sliding calipers, phenoilic pistons or metal pistons, age of brake fluid, etc.

Since OP bought the coach NEW & had problem then, why did he not take care of it then?  Might be helping someone else.