fagnaml

Heritage Oaks RV Park near Fredericksburg, TX

Spring time is just around the corner meaning it's time for the wife and me to enjoy the annual "Wine and Wildflowers Journey"  event on the Texas Wine Trail for great wine tasting and to re-stock the cellar --> https://texaswinetrail.com/wine-wildflower-journey/

The last couple of  years we've stayed at Sunset Point RV Park in Marble Falls and in prior years stayed at Buckhorn RV Resort in Kerrville and the Jellystone Wine Country RV Park near Fredericksburg.   This year, the wife would like to stay near Fredericksburg to also do some shopping along with wine tasting.  The Jellystone Wine Country RV Park looks to be getting run down and the Peach Country RV Park in Stonewall looks nice, but is small with few amenities.

Using Google Earth to search for RV parks/resorts near Fredericksburg revealed a new RV park named Heritage Oaks RV Park which just opened this past October --> https://heritageoaksrvpark.com/   It's located a couple of miles away from US290 "in the oak trees" so it would have a feel of "camping" but with nice amenities.  Have any forum members stayed at Heritage Oaks RV Park?  If "yes", what are your reviews of Heritage Oaks?

Thanks for the help!

2 hours ago, fagnaml said:

Using Google Earth to search for RV parks/resorts near Fredericksburg revealed a new RV park named Heritage Oaks RV Park which just opened this past October

I agree we want an in depth review.

Bill

Since it's a nice 60 minute drive from home for us, we don't bring our coach down there!  We do Rally's there periodically! :rolleyes:

I will "take one for the team" the weekend of March 27 - 31.  During lunch today I purchased a couple's passport for the annual "Wine and Wildflower Journey" on the Texas Wine Trail (couples passport cost $65 which pays for tastings at four wineries per day) AND made a reservation at the new Heritage Oaks RV Park near Fredericksburg.   The daughter of the family owned RV park handled my reservation.  She was very personable and professional in helping with the reservation (the cost is $60 per night).

I will take photos of Heritage Oaks to include with my review.  

Do they honor any discount cards?

I could call them and ask, but I'm lazy.

Edited: I just checked the web site and weekly rate is $340 and averages out to about $48 a night - that is if you can drink that much wine.

Nothing is reasonable price in Fredericksburg anymore!  German food is no longer up to standard it used to be, but you can get your fill of "Left Coast" Mexican food.  Most of the vineyards are California owned.  Price per acre has gone thru the roof & so has taxes!  A friend of ours own Spa's Direct and is from there, his ranch is out by Stonewall, 340 acres of Peach trees...we was there for dinner in Nov. 2019 and he was talking about selling because his taxes has tripled in 18 months!  Family Ranch since 1847..very sad. 

Try this little gem hidden in a warehouse. They are only open 9:00 to 3:00

Woerner Warehouse Cafe, 305 S Lincoln St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624

woernerwarehouse.com, (830) 997-2246

I agree Carl. They have so maney "winerys" that are nothing but retail sales. They always look at you funny when you ask where the vineyards are because you can't find any on Google Earth sat view.

Just thought of someplace to visit if it is springtime and the wild flowers are in blume. 

Wildseed Farms, 100 Legacy Dr, Fredericksburg, TX 78624

wildseedfarms.com, (830) 990-1393

Bill

Wayne --

The wife is a bit of an "RV Park Snob" so I have to exercise caution when looking at RV parks / resorts i.e. need wide spots with lots of room between spots,  paved spots or non-dusty gravel spots (e.g. crushed granite) plus good amenities.   Miller Creek RV Resort south of Johnson City and Peach Country RV Park at Stonewall meets the wife's needs but for this long weekend outing she wanted to be closer to Fredericksburg for dining and shopping.  Which RV park near Johnson City have you used?

Bill --

For our nearly annual spring time visit to the "Wine and Wildflower Journey", which is a fantastic "patio season" time of year, the Wild Seed Farm is always on our list of places to visit.  Another "always" visit stop is the Becker Vineyards for their wine tasting and for the wife to re-stock from their "home made" lavender soaps and lotions.   The other must stop vineyards are Perissos, Grape Creek, Torr Na Lochs and Fiesta.   As we do on a wine trail outing, we'll explore wineries we haven't visited before.   I also want to squeeze in time to visit the Texas Hill Country Olive Company north of Dripping Springs.    And if time allows, I want to play with the Jeep in the Hidden Falls "Off Road Vehicles" Adventure Park east of Marble Falls.

Mike, are we married to the same woman? :lol: you just described my wife! They also must be near an area with shopping and attractions to explore.

6 hours ago, fagnaml said:

The wife is a bit of an "RV Park Snob" so I have to exercise caution when looking at RV parks / resorts i.e. need wide spots with lots of room between spots,  paved spots or non-dusty gravel spots (e.g. crushed granite) plus good amenities

Mike, you'll need a reservation for Hidden Falls...I suggest you try to snag a spot at Sunset Point RV Resort (your wife will love it, no gravel) and drive Jeep to Hidden Falls!  We live 20 miles from there!

MIke, we use MIller's Creek. Even set up a rally there last year and the folks loved it. Might do it again. RVMutant Rally.

Yep, my wife's idea of roughing it is no Walmart nearby.  We also choose RV parks that have good spaces. For an overnighter it is not a big deal, but if staying for a little while we like it "nice" and clean.  Besides, with two macerator toilets that use gallons of water we cannot boon-dock.  If more than one night I prefer pull through unless it is a really good site. I don't mind backing in, just don't like unhooking for a one night stay.

BTW Mike, there is a new RV park near Ellington Field called Jetstream RV Resort. Only thing they don't have is a rally room. The pull through sites will hold a 45' MH towing a tandem axle long trailer with a car on it and still able to park a vehicle next to in the the car parking specific spot. There price is in keeping with all the other high prices in the area at $64 a night but if you have Passport America you can stay for a week for $32 a night.

It's 34 miles to Galveston, 18 miles to downtown Houston, and 25 miles to our house.

One of these times we'll stay at the Elk's Lodge in Katy and give you a holler when we are passing through.

Wayne, our chapter, Lone Star, had a Rally scheduled for Miller Creek this coming April. They contacted us to let us know that they were cancelling the Rally and that they would no longer have Rallies at their park. They are full of snow birds for the winter and very few if any groups have rallies in Texas in the summertime.

You are correct it was a nice park and the Rally room was adequate.

Lone Star's April Rally, the 16th to the 18th, will now be at Bushman's RV Park in Bullard, Texas Bullard is about 8 mile south of Tyler on US Hwy 69. We would love to have you or anyone else out their that would like to attend. If you would be interested just send me a PM and I will be more than happy to send you the information.

So from a swabbie to a jarhead Semper Fi. 

Herman

Wow, so sorry to hear about Miller Creek. That was a good location.

I'm not sure when we will be traveling. Had a knee replacement and presently undergoing PT. Doctor's final say is beginning of March. I'm sure I'll be okay to travel, just going to make sure.

Semper Fi!

Carl --

We've stayed at Sunset Point twice for the Wine and Wildflowers Journey outing and agree it is a nice park.   It's been four years since we stayed near Fredericksburg so the wife wants to stay there this time (happy wife means good things for me!). 

It's been three years since I took the Jeep to Hidden Falls Adventure Park to "get dirty & climb stuff" (NOT taking the motorhome to their RV park!!).  I didn't need a reservation three years ago.   Is a reservation now needed just to drive around Hidden Falls?

Weekends? Yes!  It's been discovered by the Rich crowd. Prevost International and Newell.  They come for a week at a time and book Sunset Point & the whole Park at Hidden Falls! During most week days your OK.  They sell memberships now.  

3 weeks ago, they had a pro off road team from Germany there, for a week.  I have a local membership and go there sometimes before lunch.  Been told that they will put in a RV Resort in the future, but like you have no wish to take a coach in there now! Especially the New coach! 😁

There's a new place now, past Big Chief RV Park on Lake Buchanan, basically the same as HF, but they also have Zip Lines and annual music revues, like Utopia!  I'l get the name from Linda and post it.

My promise to provide a review of the new Heritage Oaks RV Park near Fredericksburg, TX has to be delayed to some point in the future.  To no surprise, the Wine and Wildflowers Festival that was planned to start this week (March 27) has been post-poned to early summer.  As such, I cancelled my reservation at Heritage Oaks RV Park for this coming weekend.  I'll re-book a reservation with them when the Wine and Wildflowers Festival is rescheduled.   In the meantime, if you know of someone needing a place to park their RV, Heritage Oaks RV Park has openings and they plan to remain open during this coronavirus time.