ronbrothers

Service fuel programs

ronbrothers, I am a bit confused on what “service fuel programs” is? If you are looking for a fuel card read this post;

6 hours ago, jleamont said:

ronbrothers, I am a bit confused on what “service fuel programs” is? If you are looking for a fuel card read this post;

Used my TSD card exclusively on my current trip from Pacific Northwest to Southern California, purchased 196 gallons of fuel, saved $220 off pump price. Never had any wait in line at any stations.

Jim

I talked recently with the folks at TSD who issue the ESF card.  They said Pilot and Flying J are in the program now.  As an aside, there are some fuel services that will accept the card but are not in the program....thus no discount.

2 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

Jim I calculated your figures. 196 gallon and saved $220.00. That remarkable, you save $1.12/gallon.:unsure:

Herman

Herman, 

This was my first long trip using the card and the saving far exceeded my expectations.  Previously I had used Gas Buddy to shop for the best prices and found Costco my go to location in PNW, however when out of area many don't have diesel.  I also enjoyed the large open spaces the truck stops offer. 

Jim

That's great, but $1.12 per gallon savings is a bit hard to understand when everyone talks about $0.35 to 0.45 per gallon. If that is what you got great. Here in our community our diesel is running $2.34 per gallon.

Herman

Don't forget that the TSC (TransConnect Services) fuel card and the TSD (TSD Logistics) fuel card are different companies and may not offer the same discounts.

I use the TSD (Their EFS Card - confusing eh?) and on my last trip save approximately 40 cents a gallon at Love's.

8 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

That's great, but $1.12 per gallon savings is a bit hard to understand when everyone talks about $0.35 to 0.45 per gallon. If that is what you got great. Here in our community our diesel is running $2.34 per gallon.

Herman

Herman

Rechecked my purchases, my wrong actual saving was $140  , which calculated  to $0.714 per gallon savings. I had made an error on my spread sheet.

Jim