Sign in to follow this  
admedic

Switching from Direct TV to Dish

I have a roof mounted antenna on my 2009 HR endeavor, but am not sure what brand it is. It was programmed to work with Directv but I now need to have it programed for Dish. Can anyone give me an idea of what brand might be installed on this unit  and how to go about programing it ?

I  have a King in motion satellite on my rig, looks nice up there but is for Direct TV only as I have checked and is not programmable to Dish network so I just use my portable Dish satellite antenna and connect it to it  the roof cable coming off the King unit, nice to have it that way in case there is an obstruction blocking the signal  then I can find a clear access to the sky. Good luck and happy camping 

sunlover19, your King dome may have dip switches to change from Direct to Dish. You need to remove the cover to locate the switches. Check with the manufacturer for details. 

Herman 

I  have a King in motion satellite on my rig, looks nice up there but is for Direct TV only as I have checked and is not programmable to Dish network so I just use my portable Dish satellite antenna and connect it to it  the roof cable coming off the King unit, nice to have it that way in case there is an obstruction blocking the signal  then I can find a clear access to the sky. Good luck and happy camping 

When I bought the coach I brought up the Dish receiver so they could set it up, but I was told it wouldn't work that it was Direct TV only so I contacted an RV satellite company and he said it wouldn't work either, I think its a King  In Motion 3000 model but not sure without looking up in the paperwork. Not a problem anyway since I had the Dish set up from our previous motorhome which has been handy to have when we have parked in some trees or other obstruction. Always ready to go and keep those wheels moving everyone  !!! 

I am not sure about your King Dome but here is the website for King Dome. kingconnect.com/ownersmanual.

If you will got to pages 12 through 17, you will see how to configure your Dome to Dish Network. 

Herman

admedic.  Welcome to the Forum!  Sorry about the above confusion..

Is your current satellite receiver a crank up or motor driven dish or is it in a dome?