rayin

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

16 hours ago, jleamont said:

My phone is full of these, cant post 99% of it! 

15 hours ago, manholt said:

Joe, I know...have seen most of the 99% !  😂:rolleyes:

Just think, I get 198% from those two sources.😁

Joe, that's no joke!  Unreal how fast we have gotten away from the norm, or at least my norm!  How many years until the kids will take a picture of a iPhone?  iPad or Lap top computer?

2 minutes ago, manholt said:

Joe, that's no joke!  Unreal how fast we have gotten away from the norm, or at least my norm!  How many years until the kids will take a picture of a iPhone?  iPad or Lap top computer?

I figured that would hit home! I wonder if my grandkids will say “you mean you had to drive your car” :wacko:

17 minutes ago, manholt said:

Unreal how fast we have gotten away from the norm, or at least my norm!  

What was that, when car had to be started with a crank in the front and you wrote with an ink well and a quill pin on parchment?:D:wacko:

Herman

(PS: I know I am older than you) 

Autonomous is here now...just needs some tweaking.  IMHO, 10 years and you'll be hard pressed to find a car, truck or coach that is not wholly or partially autonomous!  The Government will step in at some point & outlaw all other vehicles!

Herman, where does that put you? Your 7 years older than me!  Oh, I know! BC and the stone wheel..:rolleyes::ph34r:😂

14 minutes ago, manholt said:

Herman, where does that put you? Your 7 years older than me!  Oh, I know! BC and the stone wheel..:rolleyes::ph34r:😂

And still going strong (thanks to the good Lord)

I don't think I will be hijacking the topic if I mentioned the so many thing I have seen change in my lifetime.

At least 4 wars.

14 US Presidents

Crank phones to cell phones

Cars you had to crank to start, to cars that park themselves 

Pencil and paper to computer

From talking face to face, to sitting across from each other and texting to one another.

From the first non stop flight from coast to coast  to putting men on the moon and bring them back

From the bi-winged plane to jumbo jets.

I can't wait to see what is next!

9 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Crank phones to cell phones

I remember rotary dial and when they were hard wired to the house. Shortly after came the jack on the wall. I also remember the first two digits being alpha. Ours started with MU8. 

2 hours ago, jleamont said:

I remember rotary dial and when they were hard wired to the house. Shortly after came the jack on the wall. I also remember the first two digits being alpha. Ours started with MU8. 

One outher fun thing about "Back then"when you called someone you didn't have to ask "where are you". You knew when answered the phone they were at home standing in the kitchen or somewhere at that address. Now who knows. :D

Bill

3 hours ago, jleamont said:

I remember our first phone, # was 368, 8 houses on the party line. Our ring was 3 longs. Every time I answered the phone I heard a series of clicks. Now if I call DW I just press #2 for cell, #3 for home.

1970 Ford 5th wheel and truck.

1970 Ford 5th wheel rig.jpg

8 hours ago, RayIN said:

1970 Ford 5th wheel and truck.

I saw this on a TV show not to long ago being refurbished. There were only a few that were made by Ford. Neat old combination 

That's a first for me!  I missed most of the 70's, I had coaches, but was only able to use them for 45 days every 367 days away. 1968 to 1980 I worked in Europe and middle east. Back then, if you worked 1 year + a day outside US it was Tax Free...POTUS Carter changed that. :wacko:😡

I'm now off the Box!:ph34r:

Ray, You need to come on down to bayou country you'll find Avery Island, home of McIlhenny Company. You can get a large size. 

I like the jalapeno pepper sauce to.   image.jpeg.5ecbd3eccd55900bcc62ce658531084b.jpeg